World Baking Day: Celebrity Chef Ranveer Brar Shares Exclusive Dessert Recipes To Try
- Aanchal Mathur
Updated : May 11, 2022 13:05 IST
World Baking Day was created to spread the joy of baking all around the world.
Baking is known to be a therapeutic art. Be it the smell of a batch of freshly baked cookies or just watching an oddly satisfying baking video tutorials on social media, anything related to baking can make us drool. And while we might not be qualified bakers, one can always start from somewhere. With World Baking Day set to be celebrated on May 17th, 2022, perhaps now is the time for you to add a little twist and bake a cake for your loved ones. World Baking Day was created by a group of baking enthusiasts, who decided it was high time to spread the joy of baking all around the world, especially to those who perhaps don’t bake too often. The day hopes to make people realise the fun of baking, and the satisfaction that comes from a cake or some cookies, and how it can be a great way to spend time with family and friends.
So we thought, how great it would be if you could also celebrate the day with some amazing dessert recipes, especially curated by celebrity chef Ranveer Brar. Strengthen your bond with your family & friends by baking scrumptious recipes at the comfort of your home.
1. Carrot Halwa Cake
Time - 30 Minutes
· 1 cup carrot (gajar) halwa
· 1 cup butter
· 1 cup sugar
· 1/2 cup Hershey’s Strawberry Flavored syrup
· 1/2 cup refined flour (maida)
· 2 tablespoons curd
· 1 tablespoon flax seed powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 Large Mixing Bowl
· 1 Spatula
· 1 Muffin Tray
· Preheat the oven to 175 - 180C.
· In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until the batter is a little aerated.
· Add the gajar halwa and mix well.
· Add Hershey’s strawberry flavored syrup and mix.
· Sieve in the refined flour (maida) and use the cut and fold method to incorporate the flour.
· Now, add the curd followed by the flax seed powder.
· Add baking soda and baking powder. Use the cut and fold method to incorporate well.
· Take a cupcake tray and line it with cupcake liners/moulds.
· Scoop the batter into the moulds, until it fills up to ¾.
· Place this tray into the oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, depending on the size of the tray and mould.
· To check the readiness of the cake, insert a stick/toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, remove the cake. If it doesn't come out clean, cook for a few more minutes.
· Let the cupcakes cool for a while.
2) Baked Yogurt Pudding
Time : 30 Minutes
· 100 grams curd
· 100 grams cream
· 1 tablespoon custard powder
· 30 ml Hershey’s strawberry flavored syrup
. seed mix (optional)
. Orange Segments (optional)
. Mint leaves (optional)
· Mixing Bowl
· Glass Oven Tray
· Mix 100 grams curd and cream in a mixing bowl.
· Add custard powder.
· Pour Hershey’s strawberry flavored syrup into the mix.
· Whisk it together till you achieve a smooth consistency.
· Pour in ramekins till ¾ of the ramekin is filled.
· Bake at 150 degrees for 10 minutes in a water bath using the glass oven tray.
· Wait for it to reach room temperature.
· Pour a thin layer of Hershey’s strawberry flavored syrup on top.
· Chill it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
· Once chilled, remove and serve!
3) Hershey’s Chilli Choco-Oats Cookies
Time - 45 Minutes
· 1/4 cup Hershey’s syrup chocolate flavor
· 250 grams whole wheat flour
· 3 teaspoons baking powder
· 3 teaspoons cinnamon powder
· A pinch of salt
· 100 grams melted butter
· 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup honey
· 1/4 cup milk
· 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
· 2 Mixing Bowls
· 1 Wooden Spatula
· Baking Tray
· Preheat the oven to 160°C. In a mixing bowl, sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt.
· Add roasted oats, chilli flakes and mix well. Set aside till in use.
· Grab another bowl, and add some melted butter along with vanilla and whisk it in.
· To this mixture, add eggs and whisk until combined.
· Now, add honey, Hershey’s syrup chocolate flavor and whisk till everything comes together.
· Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl.
· Mix well using a wooden spoon or spatula till everything comes together like dough. Cover the dough and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
· Meanwhile, brush a baking tray with some oil or butter and line it using butter paper.
· After 30 minutes, remove the dough and divide it into equal portions. Now, start shaping the dough into round cookies quickly.
· Place the shaped cookies on the lined baking tray. Bake for 12-13 minutes at 160°C or until the edges begin to appear golden and brown.
· Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool.
· Serve with milk or just like that. You can also store them in an air-tight container.