Working Lunch: Try These Indian And Continental Lunch Ideas For Work
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
What foods can you consume during working lunch? Here are six ideas that might work.
Everyone loves to leave the office and eat out. However, the meal we consume is not necessarily healthy but might be tasty. The rush to stay within a break and get back to our workspace might encourage us to gorge up too quickly. The lunchtime conversation may also distract us from conscious eating, and the meal too often costs more. What do you think? Is it possible for lunch to be productive, efficient, and cost-effective, all simultaneously? This is possible with WORKING LUNCH, which makes us meticulous about how we work and eat simultaneously. So, let's have a more in-depth detail about it. Professionals generally meet their clients and have working lunches to stay at the office. A working lunch is basically a meal in the middle of the day where people talk about business matters.
What foods can one consume during working lunch?
Working lunch ideas (Indian Cuisine)
- Pulao with vegetable raita (384 calories): It is delicious, stomach-filling and easy to carry food. This is a dish with all the proper nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Having vegetable raita will help boost one's immunity and improve digestion. Also, containing vegetables such as onions, beetroot, and carrots makes this an anti-oxidant rich food with naturally low calories and high fibre.
- Methi parantha with greens(220-280 calories): Whole wheat flour is excellent for people with diabetes as they are low GI food and will not shoot up blood sugar levels. Methi (fenugreek) leaves contain potent antioxidants that cure mouth ulcers and are low in calories.
- Masala poha (180 calories): Poha is a wholesome meal that is packed with iron. It is rich in fibre, a good source of carbohydrates, essential vitamins, antioxidants and gluten-free. It is suitable for those who have heart, skin problems and have diabetes.
- Lemon rice (One serving gives 175 calories): Lemon helps produce antibodies and white blood cells in the blood that builds immunity, prevents infection and attack invading microorganisms.
Easy Ideas For Working Lunch (Continental Cuisine)
- Sandwiches With Peanut Butter (188 Calories): Peanut butter is a rich source of essential minerals and vitamins like zinc, magnesium etc., along with being a protein powerhouse. It is an excellent source of antioxidants, healthy fats and fibre too. Peanut butter sandwiches are a great source of niacin and folic acid, improving convert food to energy.
- Vegetable Sandwich (266 calories): Calcium-rich, Low- calories, low-fat, Vit C source, fibre and omega-3 rich folate source.
Are there any side effects of working lunch?
- Increased risk of obesity: There’s a hidden danger that can affect, i.e. higher chances of obese and overweight workers. People who habitually eat at their workspaces are less likely to be cautious about the portions they devour. In addition, employees are less likely to exercise during the day and somewhat less likely to choose healthy foods.
- Do you know that a typical office workspace contains 400 times more germs than a toilet seat? The most significant bacteria are usually found on computer screens, keyboards, and surfaces.
By taking these simple steps, you can keep the diseases at bay:
- First, give employees bottles of hand sanitiser to keep at their workspace/desks.
- Provide employees with sanitizing wipes for their tables (as tissues and moist towels spread bacteria throughout the surface).
- Educate people about the need for frequent handwashing with soap.