White Korma: Spiciest and Creamiest Korma Dish You’ve Ever Tried
- Team Slurrp
Updated : July 28, 2022 13:07 IST
Try this spicy white korma dish and you’ll love every single bite of it
This is a lightly spicy korma dish made with green chillies, mixed vegetables, cashews, and fried grams, which gives the korma its white colour. Typically, the predominant theme of south Indian gravies or curries is the use of coconut or coconut cream. Curry with both a spicy and creamy sauce base is frequently made using it. Usually, it comes with a choice of layered parotta, although rice is an option as well. White kurma is a creamy curry that is easy to make and is well-known for its flavour. Since coriander is not included in this recipe, the name of the dish is derived from that fact. Coriander is usually used to make south Indian vegetable kurma, giving this dish a distinctive flavour, colour, and texture. However, this recipe omits it, so the coconut masala gives it its white colour. whereas others always favour the kurma's fresh, green colour. but particularly in certain places in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, it is cooked just using coconut cream. Some people even cook it without green chillies at all, relying solely on dry spices like pepper and cloves to add heat. First off, there are virtually no restrictions on what may be included as veggies. Basic vegetables like potatoes, carrots, beans, peas, and onions are used in this recipe. Second, the coconut masala is made using shredded coconut. However, you may instead use coconut cream or freshly shredded coconut as an alternative. Finally, to add even more creaminess to the coconut masala, roasted gram and cashews are combined. However, you are not required to provide both and are free to omit either one.
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 nos bay leaf
- 2" piece cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cups beans chopped
- 1/4 cups carrot chopped
- 1/4 cups potato cubed
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut
- 2 nos. green chillies
- Small piece ginger
- 1 tbsp roasted gram
- 1/4 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2" piece cinnamon
- 1 no cardamom
- 7 nos cashews
- 1/4 cup water
1. Add oil to a pan or kadhai. Then add bay leaf and cinnamon and saute for a few seconds.
2. Add sliced onion to the kadhai and saute till the onion becomes translucent.
3. Then put chopped beans along with chopped carrot, cubed potatoes, and green peas.
4. Saute for a while before adding 1 and a half cups of water, salt and sugar.
5. Mix all these ingredients well. Cover the kadhai or pan with a lid and cook for around 10 minutes on medium flame
6. Grind fresh coconut, green chillies, ginger, roasted gram, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and cashews. Add water so it is easier to grind.
7. Pour the ground paste into the kadhai and mix well with the vegetables
8. Add more water to adjust and achieve the desired consistency
9. Add salt if needed
10. Bring the kurma to a boil
11. Add lemon juice and mix it well
11. Remove from heat and serve.
Here you go, the super delicious White Korma is ready. Eat it with puri or rice and don't forget to share it with your friends!