3 Unusual Recipes To Try At Home
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Today, with this article, we will tell you about some significant dishes of northeast that can be easily made at home.
The northeastern territory of India is renowned for its fantastic local food and scenic beauty influenced by neighbouring countries like Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet. But, apart from tourism, the provinces are famous for their exciting cuisine and is mainly based on maize and rice. Because of this reason, most dishes made in this flavourful cuisine have maize and rice in various forms. From colourful dishes to intense flavours, the northeastern food will sate a foodie's palate. Here are the three most popular dishes that are indeed worth trying. So, let's know more about these recipes.
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped
- Garlic-ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Noodles - 100 grams
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Chilli sauce - 3 tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as per taste
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
How to make thukpa?
- First of all, after boiling the noodles in water on medium heat and separate them. Be careful not to throw the water off the noodles.
- After this, grind the cabbage, salt in the mixer and take it out in a vessel.
- After heating oil in a pan, add ginger-garlic paste, onion, salt and cook for some time.
- After a while, add chilli sauce, soy sauce, turmeric, garam masala, black pepper powder, and cabbage. After cooking for 5 to 6 minutes, add noodles and cook them.
- After 6 minutes, put the noodles kept in water. After cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, put lemon juice and turn off the gas.
- Rice - 200 grams soaked
- Black sesame - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 150 grams
How to make til pitha?
- First, put the soaked rice in the mixer and grind it well.
- In a pan, roast the sesame seeds well on medium heat and take out their peel when it cools down.
- After this, mix the jaggery in this sesame well and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in another pan, put rice batter and spread it well.
- After cooking for one to two minutes, put the prepared jaggery and sesame mixer on top and beat it well from the side.
- Now serve it as a healthy breakfast.
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut powder - 1/2 tsp
- Rice - 500 grams soaked
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar powder - 100 g
- Oil - as required
- Butter - 50 g
How to make sel roti?
- First, put the soaked rice in a mixer, make a paste, and take it out in a vessel.
- After this, mix sugar powder, cardamom powder, coconut powder, butter, baking powder and prepare the mixture well.
- On one side, put oil in a pan for heating. As soon as the oil becomes hot, with the help of a utensil, pour oil in the form of circles.
- Cook well on both sides till it becomes golden. Then, Sel roti is ready to be served.
Read more such pieces and stay connected with Slurrp.com.