Delicately poached eggs made with yoghurt, and served with spicy olive oil, butter sauce, and red chilli flakes
The Turkish dish çilbir, cilbir, or çlbr (pronounced chil-bir) is one of many breakfast recipes that are made with eggs. Menemen, or scrambled eggs with tomatoes and peppers, is the most popular egg dish in the country. Although the Turkish egg recipe known as cilbir is less well-known than menemen, everyone has fond memories of it from their youth.
Cilbir is a traditional Turkish recipe for poached eggs. Greek yoghurt with garlic flavouring, poached eggs, and spicy spiced butter sauce on top. Greek yoghurt and a spicy butter sauce can enhance the flavour of any dish. Right? Turkish folks have a fondness for hot butter sauce and garlic yoghurt. It is one of those incredibly fast recipes that people turn to when they don't have enough time to prepare a sophisticated supper or dinner for their family is the Turkish egg with yoghurt recipe. Nobody is able to stop dipping their pide bread in the bowl. The ingredients for cilbir are always available in a typical kitchen, therefore people also make it when there aren't many things in the fridge.
Here’s the recipe for Turkish Cilbir.
• 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
• 1-2 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
• 2 eggs
• 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1-2 tbsps vinegar (optional)
• 2 tsps red chilli flakes
• Put the yoghurt, garlic, and a generous pinch of kosher salt in a small mixing dish and whisk to blend properly.
• The yoghurt mixture should be divided between two serving bowls and left aside for the time being.
• Bring water in a medium saucepan to a rolling boil.
• Add the vinegar and stir.
• In the meantime, crack one egg into a tiny fine-mesh sieve set over a tiny bowl.
• To drain the liquid from the egg whites, gently twirl the eggs in the sieve and put the egg inside a ramekin.
• When the water is ready, swirl it with a wooden spoon to form a vortex.
• The egg should be added quickly and cooked for two to three minutes in the centre of the vortex.
• Transfer the egg to a plate that has been lined with parchment paper when it’s prepared using a slotted spoon.
• The second egg should be prepared and cooked in the same manner as the first.
• Make the olive oil sauce right away while the second egg is cooking, olive oil and aleppo pepper or chilli flakes should be warmed up in a small skillet over medium heat.
• Simply set each poached egg on top of the yoghurt mixture in the prepared yoghurt bowls, then sprinkle with the heated oil.
• Serve with your preferred rustic bread.