Try This Tempura Prawns Recipe Along With Your Favourite Booze
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Have a booze night with friends but confused about what to make in a short time? Set your timer to 30 minutes and make this quick and tasty prawn recipe.
If you are searching for a hot and tempting side dish to have with your booze, then tempura prawns are the ultimate showstoppers you are looking for. Extremely easy to cook and less time-consuming, they are a perfect serving as a starter or a side dish. And who doesn’t love juicy, succulent prawns along with a sweet and tangy sauce with booze on the side? Here’s the recipe if you want to try it.
Preparation time- 20-25 minutes
Cooking time- 10 minutes
You May Also Like
Try Your Hand At This Tempting Apple Crumble Cake Recipe
4 Food To Try With Your Favourite Flowers
Chop Suey, Rat Saliva and More: 5 Indian Temples With Bizarre Prasads You Won't Believe Exist
Urrak; Try This Goan Favourite On Your Next Visit Here
Tempura: The History Of Japan’s Favourite Fried Food
For the batter
• 1 ½ cup cornflour
• 1 ½ cup plain flour
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 150 ml beer
For the prawn tempura
• 1 kg king prawns
• 50 grams plain flour
• Vegetable oil, for deep frying
For the sauce
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 2 tbsp sugar
• Mirin (optional)
1. Wash the prawns properly, remove the shells and central veins and keep them aside.
2. For the batter, sift the cornflour and plain flour together into a medium mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg and beer and whisk till it's combined well.
4. Keep the batter for a few minutes in a cool place.
5. Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan and wait till it's hot enough for bread crumbs to turn brown once dropped in it.
6. Pour some flour on a plate and cover the prawns well.
7. Dip the prawns in the batter and carefully deep fry in the hot oil till it's crisp and golden.
8. Remove the prawns and drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
9. For the sauce, add the sugar and mirin in soy sauce and mix well till combined.
10. Serve hot with the sauce and your favourite booze.
You can replace the beer with ice water to make the batter crispy. Tempura prawns are simple yet extremely delicious and can be served with Mexican rice or coiled soba noodles too. You can increase the ingredients according to the quantity of prawns.