This delicacy will surely become a hit with kids and adults alike.
Monsoons are the best time to dig into all those fried delights that can keep us going through this weather. With a plate of golden fritters and a piping hot cup of tea is the classic way to enjoy the cool breeze in the evenings. Cottage cheese, more commonly known as paneer, is a great ingredient to rustle up some amazing treats.
They are easy to use and can be modified into any avatar in a couple of minutes. You may have used paneer to make tikkas and curries, but have you ever used it to make popcorns? This might seem unusual to you, but believe us this paneer popcorn recipe will become your favorite monsoon snack in no time.
Though we feel there is no season to tuck into this decadent treat and that can enjoy them anytime you want, but there is something about this nippy weather that elevates the dish. This delicacy will surely become a hit with everyone, kids and adults alike. Paneer popcorn is extremely simple to prepare. Other than paneer, the recipe includes the breadcrumbs, which gives this snack its distinct texture. It’s crispy from outside while tender within. You can prepare it in a couple of minutes with a fistful of ingredients. It is a perfect titbit for the foodies who believe in a quick-bite. Here’s the recipe of the crunchy and tender paneer popcorn.
Ingredients For Paneer Marination:
Ingredients For Breading Mixture:
1. In a bowl add paneer cubes and all the dry ingredients for the marination. Mix them together. Then slowly add water and make a thick paste which is runny in consistency. Keep it aside.
2. In a shallow plate add bread crumbs and salt. Mix it well and keep it aside as well.
3. Take a skillet and heat oil over high flame for deep frying. When the oil is hot enough, lower the flame.
4. Then roll the marinated paneer cubes into the bread crumbs. Gently, press them to coat each side of the paneer.
5. After that carefully add the coated paneer cubes into the skillet. Fry them until they are golden brown in colour.
Your crispy monsoon snack is ready to be devoured.