Try This Paneer Bread Pakoda Today To Enjoy Monsoon In All Its Glory
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Paneer bread pakoda is teeming with yummy flavours that will surely serve as an upgrade to your classic pakodas
Monsoons are here and how! Inviting it with something hot and crispy just feels right for this weather. Desi snacks always suit this nippy season where the cold breeze seems like the perfect accompaniment to the delightful toasty tidbits. Since pakodas are a staple food in monsoon, the perfectly ‘bread pakoda’ is often our go-to option. This hot delicacy is a hit with everyone for its crunchy and tender nature. The ingredients involved in this dish are available in every Indian household which makes it easy to prepare anytime you crave for something quick and fulfilling. Bread pakodas are usually made with the fillings of spicy potatoes and crispy vegetables. You can give a twist to this classic recipe by using cottage cheese (paneer) instead of potatoes. This would not only make your bread pakodas more wholesome but also full of distinct textures. Paneer quickly absorbs the flavours of the spices and herbs which makes it the perfect element to be incorporated in this recipe. We are sure that once you try this recipe you will never look back. So, go ahead and try it at home.
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- 250 gm paneer
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 10-12 coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- Ingredients For Batter
- 2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup water
- 8-10 slices of bread
1. Take a bowl, add paneer and all the dry ingredients with ginger-garlic paste and coriander leaves. Gently try to mash the paneer while mixing them together. Keep it aside.
2. For the batter, take another bowl and add all the dry ingredients. Mix them well. Slowly start adding water to the mixture and make a thick paste which is slightly runny in consistency.
3. Make sure there aren’t any lumps while whisking the mixture.
4. Take a large skillet, heat oil over medium flame for deep frying.
5. Meanwhile assemble the paneer bread pakoda, take a slice of bread then spread the prepared paneer mixture evenly to all the sides. Cover this with another bread on top.
6. Gently press the slices of bread so that everything is concealed.
7. After that, slice them diagonally to give it a triangular shape.
8. Dip this triangular bread into the prepared batter and coat both the sides evenly.
9. Then carefully put it in the oil and fry them until they are golden brown in colour.
10. That’s it, your paneer bread pakoda is ready.
Tip: Pair this hot plate of crispy fried fritters with any chutney of your choice to fully relish the snack.