Try These Lip-Smacking Burger Patties At Home
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Learn how to make delicious burger patties with a twist of bland vegetables.
Burgers are delicious, moist and can be prepared at home with simple steps. Also, burgers don’t have to be always stuffed with chicken or aloo. For example, you can add cheese or spreads while assembling the burger. These recipes are also apt for lunch boxes, road trips, or game nights. So, try your hands on these easy burger patty recipes.
Black Bean Patty
Soaked and boiled black beans patty is ready in no time. You mash all the beans with boiled arbi, peppers and spices.
- 1 cup black bean (boiled)
- 250gm arbi (boiled)
- ½ cup corn kernels (boiled)
- ½ cup bell peppers (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- Red flakes, salt, pepper, as per taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Chopped garlic / powder (optional)
How To Make Black Bean Burger Patty?
- Soak the black beans overnight and then pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles. Mash and add boiled arbi. Mix with your hands.
- Add the other ingredients, corn kernels, bell peppers, garlic, cumin, coriander powder, flakes, salt, black pepper, and shape them into patties and keep aside.
- Heat a skillet or pan, take a bowl, beat one egg, and in another one, take bread crumbs.
- Dip the patties first into the egg mixture, then bread crumbs and slip them into the hot oil.
- You can skip the egg mixture, and if you’re a vegetarian, you can switch to dip the patties into maida thick slurry.
- Deep or shallow fry from both sides till they convert crispy or golden.
Your black bean patties are ready to be assembled and enjoyed with cheese dip or ketchup.
Tofu Crumbled Patty
Another healthy option is to make a patty with tofu, vegetables, and some spices.
- 500gm tofu (crumbled)
- 200gm roasted almonds (thinly chopped)
- 100gm chickpea (boiled/cooked)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Oil (olive/ sunflower/ vegetable)
- 2-4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk of celery (finely chopped)
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Salt, pepper, flakes, as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How To Make Tofu Crumbled Patty?
- Take a blender jar, add chickpeas and grind them into a coarse powder.
- Heat a pan with some oil, add chopped garlic with cumin seeds and saute for some seconds. Add the onions, celery, carrots, nutmeg powder, and saute for some more minutes.
- You can add a choice of veggies at this stage.
- Take a mixing bowl to add crumbled tofu, coarse chickpeas, soy sauce, sauteed veggies, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and flakes.
- Give a good mix. Shape them into patties and slip one by one into the hot oil.
- Fry till they convert crispy and golden.
Once they are done, assemble them into burgers with tahini sauce on the buns.