Treat Your Sugar Cravings With This Instant Ghewar Recipe
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Wondering how to make ghewar at home? Try this instant ghewar recipe today and ease down the sugar cravings.
Traditional Rajasthani ghewar is relished over India, especially during the monsoon season. The disc-shaped dessert is loaded with rabdi, malai, dry fruits, and silver varakh. Do you know you can make this at home too? Yes, we brought an instant ghevar recipe that is ready in less than 15 minutes. As compared to typical ghewar, it is lesser in calories too. So follow simple steps and make instant ghewar at home while impressing your guests and loved ones with your culinary skills.
- 5 bread slices (white bread)
- 1 glass milk
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Saffron strands
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Silver varak for each ghewar
- 2 tbsp pistachios (sliced)
- 2 tbsp almonds (sliced)
- 1 tbsp cashews (sliced)
How To Make Instant Ghewar?
- To begin with, take the bread slices and cut down the slides. Now take a round cutter or a small bowl that has a slightly sharp edge. Shape a bread of a circle and cut a smaller round at the centre from a small cutter or cold drink bottle cap.
- Make a doughnut shape of bread.
- Now take a pan, add some ghee, milk, sugar, milk powder, condensed milk, cardamom and cook until it converts into a thick consistency like a rabdi.
- Lastly, add a few strands of kesar and some dry chopped nuts. Give a quick stir, then switch the flame off. Your ghewar rabdi/ malai is ready.
- Take a non-stick pan. Heat some ghee and doughnut-shaped roast slices on an average flame until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Once they are done, assemble them on a plate.
- One by one, pour the ghewar rabdi on round bread slices.
- Garnish the slices with dry nuts and silver varak.
Your instant homemade ghewar is ready. Enjoy!