How To Treat Tonsillitis With Home Remedies?
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Are you suffering from tonsil inflammation? Try these six natural home remedies to treat them.
Home remedies for tonsil inflammation: The mucous accumulation under the mucous membrane of the throat is called 'tonsils'. And if there is any infection in them, it causes painful 'tonsillitis' in the throat. Do you know this pain in the throat can make it difficult to swallow food? But fret not; this problem you may overcome this by adopting the following home remedies.
- Fenugreek seeds: These seeds are used as a spice in the kitchen and are an excellent remedy to relieve tonsillitis. Take some fenugreek seeds and mix them in hot water. Now gargle with this water by stirring the mixture well. Follow this twice a day to get instant relief from tonsillitis.
- Saltwater: There can be no other simple way to get rid of tonsillitis than saltwater. Add a little salt to warm water and do gargles. If the infection is severe, do gargles at least twice a day. This home remedy for tonsillitis helps in getting rid of the pain as well instantly.
- Onion juice: Gargling with onion juice is another home remedy to eliminate tonsillitis. Take some pieces of onion and extract its juice. Mix this juice with lukewarm water and gargle in such a way that the fluid reaches your throat.
- Milk and holy basil for better results: A mixture made by mixing a few holy basil leaves in warm milk is beneficial for treating tonsillitis. By drinking this mixture once a day, you can easily fight the problem of tonsillitis.
- Ginger: Ginger is used as natural medicine. You can absorb ginger mixed with honey, and it will give you instant relief from tonsillitis and dry phlegm.
- Salt, pepper, and lemon: A mixture made of lemon juice, salt and black pepper pin in warm water may relieve tonsillitis.
While these home remedies are seen to benefit tonsillitis, one must consult an expert before adopting them regularly.