Cheesy Chapati pizza is a desi variant of cheese burst pizza that is kid-friendly and can be an ideal meal for the days when you have those craving for a crispy pizza loaded with cheese and a mix of veggies. It is made with an Indian flatbread with a heavy filling of cheese, colourful veggies and sprinkled with spicy herbs for the extra zing of flavour. We can’t wait for you to indulge in the deliciousness of our unique and irresistible chapati pizza, find below the steps to make one at home.
- 1 ½ Wheat four
- Finely chopped bell peppers ( red, yellow and green)
- Half cup finely chopped mushroom
- 1 chopped onion
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- ¼ chopped boiled cup carrot
- ¼ cup peas
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mixed herbs
- 4 tomatoes ( for pizza sauce)
- Half tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- To make the pizza sauce, boil the tomatoes. After boiling, gently peel off the skin. Add these raw tomatoes in a mixer grinder and blend to a paste. Make sure to add a few garlic cloves and mixed herbs in the grinder too.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and add the tomato puree/ sauce into it. For making a thick version of the sauce, cook the tomato paste/ puree in a pan after adding a pinch of salt and sugar. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, take another pan and again heat it with olive oil. Add chopped onion, carrot, bell peppers and peas in the pan. Saute the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now knead a dough using wheat flour and water. Roll and make thick chapatis out of the same and then spread the pizza sauce on the chapatis.
- Evenly spread vegetable mixture on the chapatis and garnish it with mozzarella cheese. Place another chapati over the top to cover the stuffing.
- Place this chapati pizza on a pan and heat it from both the sides.
- Your chapati pizza is ready!