From bitter to sour to sweet to tangy cocktails have always enchanted the sense and taste buds
We all love a well done cocktail. This boozy drink that’s made with two or more ingredients, get’s its name from the Creole apothecary Antoine Peychaud, drinks that he served in New Orleans. And as cocktails evolved with time, it’s experimentation has always got better with time.
From bitter to sour to sweet to tangy these cocktails have always enchanted the sense and taste buds. And yes, Valentine’s Day is always a great excuse to sip some flirty cocktails as you get to spend some time with your beloved.
Queen Letizia by Mixologist Joel Scholtens Lindsay- Taj Palace New Delhi
• 90 ml Red Wine
• 10 ml Homemade Home-grown Aloe Vera Syrup,
• 20 ml Blackberry Purée
• A dash Angostura Bitters
• 1 no. Orange Twist
• As desired Sea Salt
• In a cocktail shaker, add the red wine, aloe vera syrup, blackberry puree and angostura bitters.
• Shake well.
• Rim a crystal goblet with sea salt and an orange twist. Strain and pour over the cocktail.
• Garnish with blackberries and serve.
Imperial Strawberry Margarita by Manish Mehta – Bartender at 1911 Bar, The Imperial New Delhi
This is a frozen cocktail
• 45 ml Tequella
• 15 ml Strawberry- liqueur
• 10ml Triple Sec
• 5pcs Fresh Strawberry
• Mix all ingredients in a blender with ice and freeze. Serve in margarita glass with sweet rum and garnish with a fresh strawberry slice.
Scarlet by Deepak Khassa- Le Meridien, Gurgaon
• Pomegranate and Thyme infused with Gin - 45 ml
• Dry Vermouth – 15 ml
Method: Still, Glass: Martini, Garnish -Sprig of fresh Thyme
• Muddle a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds with gin and leave to infuse for 2 hours before straining.
• A dash of pomegranate juice will also do the job.
• Add the infused-gin and vermouth to a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
• Strain into a chilled coupe in a martini glass.
• Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
Guava berry delight -Taj Mahal (Mansingh)
This classic mix of whisky with mint and sugar flavored with our secret vinegar mix.
Method: Shaken and Strain, Glass ware: Tall glass, Garnish Orchid Flower.
• 60 ml of Jack Daniels
• 1 handful mint leaves
• 5g fine sugar
• 20 ml of our home made apple vinegar
• 10 ml of apple juice
Muddle the Mint leaves
Mix the rest of the ingredients and shake them well
Pour it in a glass and serve chill.