These Summer Desserts By Chef Anees Khan Are Perfect to Beat The Summer Heat
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Chef & Founder of Star Anise Cafe & Patisserie, Anees Khan, recommends summer delights to beat the heat.
The ideal way to cap off a summer meal? Of course, it's an insanely delicious seasonal treat packed with berries. Summer is an excellent time to take pleasure in all the great fruits in season and create colourful, enticing desserts packed with taste. Chef Anees Khan recommends these quick and easy summer delights to beat the heat.
Summer Berry Pudding (Yield 5-6 portions)
It is a quintessentially British dessert typically made of red berries or mixed berries, within a pudding mould lined with bread soaked in raspberries puree. The fruits commonly used in summer pudding are raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries.
Berry Puree for soaking bread
- Frozen strawberry: 200 gms
- Frozen raspberry: 100 gms
- Granulated sugar: 100 gms
- Defrost the berries and blend them and add sugar to them.
- Keep it aside for later use.
- Fresh blueberry: 100 gms
- Fresh strawberry: 100 gms
- New blackberry: 100 gms
- Fresh raspberry: 100 gms
- Fresh mint: 15 gms
- Berry puree: 100 gms
- Gelatin: 5 gms
- Water:25 gms
- Soak the gelatin in water, and warm the puree and add in the melted gelatin
- Chop the mint leaves and the berries and keep them aside.
- Take bread slices and measure them to fit the Darien moulds.
- Take the base, and the tops soak it in the puree.
- Line the soaked bread slices on the Darian moulds, fill it with the berry compote, and cover it with bread and let it rest in the chiller for 6-8 hours.
- Demould it and serve it with crème Fraiche and mixed berries.
Strawberry Jelly Shots (Yield 10-12 portions)
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, making their jelly shots a refreshing way of enjoying hot summers. Ingredients:
- Strawberry juice: 500 gms
- Granulated sugar:100 gms
- Gelatin:7 gms
- Strawberry juice: 35 gms
- Soak the gelatin in the juice and keep it aside
- Boil the strawberry juice and add the granulated sugar,
- Warm the gelatin and strawberry mixture and add into the strawberry and sugar mix
- Pour into a small shot container once set and serve it chilled.