Bored of your everyday egg rice? Try this Kerala recipe for a twist.
Egg rice is a favourite food among bachelors, students, and anybody who lives away from home since it is tasty, filling, and surprisingly simple to make. With this South Indian-style egg curry, you can bring South India and its fantastic tastes to your table. This recipe for egg curry is made with a few spices, onions, tomatoes, and coconut milk. It is paired with rice, and can be something as simple as some steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice. It is quite satisfying and soothing and goes well with parathas (flatbread) and rice. In India, eggs act as a kind of invisible barrier between vegetarianism and non-vegetarianism. While some vegetarians won't even eat pastries made with eggs, many continue to adore egg curries and egg biryanis (no meat, only eggs). How can one question when Indian food offers such a wide variety of mouthwatering gravies and sides.
Egg rice is already a highly well-liked street meal that is seasoned with Indian masalas and a dash of soy sauce. The primary source of spice in this street-style egg rice comes from the green chillies, which have been pounded into a paste. The flavour of this meal is nothing like Chinese fried rice. However, this Kerala Styled Egg Rice has freshly produced masalas used to enhance flavours. The dish of egg rice is ideal for events like parties. This can easily be doubled. This uncomplicated egg rice dish is ideal for packed lunches. No side dish is necessary with this one.
1. 1 kg Basmati rice
2. 8 nos Egg
3. 3 nos Onion
4. 6 or 7 nos Garlic
5. 1 big Ginger
6. 2 nos Tomatoes
7. small handful Coriander leaves
8. 3 nos Green chilli
9. ½ pieces Lime
10. 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
11. ½ tbsp powder
12. ½ tbsp Garam masala
13. 2 nos Cardamom
14. 1 nos Cinnamon
15. 2 nos Cloves
16. 4 tbsp Ghee
17. 2 or 3 tbsp oil
18. 1 or 2 tsp salt
1. Firstly, take a bowl, add basmati rice and water, and soak for 20 minutes.
2. Take a heavy bottom pot, add water, ghee, green chilli, lime juice and salt, cover and boil them well.
3. Now we have to drain basmati rice and rewash it and set it aside.
4. Then add soaked basmati rice into the boiled water pot and cook them well.
5. Once the rice is well cooked, drain excess water and keep it aside.
6. Heat water in a pan, add salt and eggs, and boil them well.
7. Then transfer the boiled eggs into the normal water and keep them aside.
8. Heat oil in a pan, add spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves, and sauté them well.
9. Add chopped onion, green chilli, chopped garlic and ginger, and sauté them well.
10. Add red chilli powder, pepper powder and garam masala, and sauté them well.
11. Add chopped tomatoes and salt, and cook them well, till the tomatoes become softened.
12. Now add the beaten eggs and scramble them for about a minute.
13. Add cooked basmati rice and sprinkle some coriander leaves, combine them well.
14. Finally, add peeled boiled eggs. Remove from fire and keep aside. Serve the simple egg rice recipe.
15. The most delicious Egg Rice you can ever imagine is ready to be devoured.