S’mores Oreo Ice Cream Cake: A Unique Combination
- Team Slurrp
Updated : July 24, 2022 02:07 IST
This ice cream cake mixed with S’mores oreos is too good to miss.
Whether it’s a steamy summer day or a cold chilly evening, cravings for an ice cream never fails to enlighten the mood. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream - yes, you are never too old to go over ice-creams. Imagine how delightful it would be to tuck into a slice of oreo ice cream cake in hot summers or on Christmas Eve. Everyone knows that ice cream instantly relieves stress and improves mood. You’re feeling down, and all of your internal happiness is being replaced with stress and anxiety. When you're in this kind of a mood, an ice cream cake mixed with S'mores oreos will be a welcome distraction. The ideal example to use is an ice cream cake with frozen whipped topping and marshmallows all over. This S'mores oreo ice cream cake boasts a silky ice cream texture and a flavour combination of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, small marshmallows, and crispy Oreo cookies. This is the ideal mixture to blow one's head with its flavour.
A Dive Into History
Being a popular campfire delicacy in the US and Canada, a S’more consists of one or more roasted marshmallows, a layer of chocolate, and two graham cracker pieces. A cookbook from the early 1990s described these S’mores as ‘Graham Cracker Sandwiches’. You can also bake them over a campfire or make them using a Panini Press, a microwave, a wood-burning fireplace, an oven, or the flame of a stove. A marshmallow is roasted over an open fire, generally with the use of a metal or wooden skewer, until it turns golden brown, when these are cooked over campfires.
While an ice cream cake, as the name describes, in a normal assembling, the cake component is prepared as normal, shaped as desired, and then frozen. These parts are then put together while still frozen after the ice cream is appropriately moulded in a mould. Whipped cream is frequently used as frosting because it complements the other two textures and because many common frostings struggle to adhere to frozen cake. . The entire cake is then kept frozen until serving, at which point it is allowed to defrost just enough to allow for easy slicing but not enough to melt the ice cream. Ice cream cakes are popular in the US. Themed cakes from Carvel. Particularly in North America and Australia, ice cream cake is a well-liked party food and is frequently consumed during birthday and wedding celebrations. In Europe, it is not as widely recognised.
1. 1 tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
2. ½ cup marshmallow fluff, warmed
3. 1 package chocolate instant pudding mix
4. 14 S’mores Oreos, chopped
5. 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
6. ½ cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
7. ½ cup mini marshmallows
1. Use a hand mixer to thoroughly combine the marshmallow fluff and 1 cup whipped topping in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add pudding mix and blend until fully combined.
3. Add 1 cup of the chopped cookies and stir.
4. In order to assemble the cake, place 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side on a freezer-safe serving tray. Top with half the pudding mixture. Layer again, then top with the remaining sandwiches.
5. The rest of the chopped cookies, micro marshmallows, and chocolate sauce should be added as garnish. Frost with the remaining whipped topping.
6. Set the freezer to at least 2 hours.