Roasted Masala Chickpea A Guilt-Free Snack That You Must Try
Updated : July 05, 2021 08:07 IST
Roasted masala chickpea is a crispy, salty, savoury snack that you can munch on whenever hunger strikes.
In any Indian household legumes and lentils are some of the staple ingredients. There is no dearth in the varieties that are available across the country. Our food does not only have rich mouth-watering flavours but is also loaded with several minerals and nutrients. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that the food of our cuisine consists largely of healthy nutrients like proteins which are essential for our diet. Proteins are often referred to as the building block of life. Kabuli chanas or white chickpeas is one such rich source of protein which is popular in every Indian kitchen.
Not only are they a good plant-based protein source, but they can also provide an extra textural contrast in a dish. chickpeas easily soak up the flavours of herbs and spices which makes it the perfect ingredient to work with while cooking. They're also very satiating; this will ensure that you remain full for a longer period of time without indulging any unnecessary bingeing. As per the United States Department of Agriculture, a 100-gm chickpea contains 19 gm of protein and just 6 gm of fat. Moreover, it does not contain any amount of cholesterol, thus making an ideal food for your heart as well. Today, we bring you the recipe of roasted masala chickpea, which is a crispy, salty, savory snack that you can munch on without any guilt. Here’s the recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray the baking tray with nonstick cooking spray to prevent chickpeas from sticking or lay a parchment paper.
2. In a bowl add chickpeas, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder, amchur powder and chaat masala. Mix it well. You can adjust the seasonings according to your needs.
3. Drizzle some olive oil and mix it again well.
4. Transfer the prepared chickpeas into the baking tray and spread them evenly.
5. Place the baking tray in your preheated oven and let it bake for 20-30 minutes. Make sure to toss them in intervals so they are cooked evenly.
6. Season it with lemon juice and chaat masala.
Your masala roasted chickpea is ready. Eat them while they are hot and crispy.