Relish On The Goodness Of Lauki With This Creamy Bottle Gourd Soup Recipe
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
This delicious lauki soup is the easiest recipe you can have — just put the bottle gourd in a pressure cooker and saute it with other ingredients.
Lauki soup is a quick, easy recipe made with very few ingredients. Bottle gourd is one of the healthiest vegetables for detoxification, weight loss and is ideally high in fibre and water content. Talking about this soup, it is low in calories and will keep you satiated for a more extended period. So do try this soup in your kitchen and serve it at your appetizing table to treat your quick pangs of hunger.
- 2 cup bottle gourd pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 cup water
- Some handful coriander leaves with strings
- 2-3 green onion strings
- 4 tbsp thick cream
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Few drops of lemon juice
How To Make Bottle Gourd Soup?
- To begin with, first, peel and roughly cut them into pieces.
- Take a pressure cooker, heat some oil in it, add cumin seeds, slightly crackle them, add bottle gourd pieces, and saute them for a second.
- Add 1-½ cup water and pressure cook it for two whistles on a medium flame once it is thoroughly cooked. Keep aside for cooling.
- Now take a blender and blend the pieces, make a thick paste of bottle gourd.
- Now take a pan, heat some rest olive oil and butter. Add coriander seeds, garlic and onion step by step. Saute them on a low flame for 5-7 minutes to remove the natural fragrance.
- Now add 1-2 cups of water, as per your consistency. Finally, bring one boil to it.
- Then add the blended mixture of bottle gourd to it with all the dry spices, salt, pepper, and garam masala. Give a good stir and cook on low heat.
- After 4-5 minutes. Add cornflour water slurry to it. Check the consistency; you can do it if you need to thicken or add some spices to the soup. Once it is done, turn the flame off after 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer this to the serving bowl, garnish it with chopped green onions, coriander leaves, and thick cream.
Your creamy bottle of gourd soup is ready; serve warm with crispy garlic bread.