This crispy, fried balls are there to leave everyone’s mouth watery
It is very well known that snacks are the most loved thing to munch on to remove those little hunger pangs, especially during evenings or during tea time. Different recipes of snacks are always filled in the kitchen wardrobes. Indians have varieties of snack recipes all over the country dwelling in different communities in different regions. Our dadis and nanis have preserved those recipes for us to cherish. One of the simple and crunchy potato recipes which could be made in every household is ‘Potato Ball.’ These potato balls are basically made of mashed potatoes, coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried to leave the crunchy taste.
Potato Balls are basically a kind of nugget and an improvised version of potato cutlet. Potato Ball or Potato Nugget is a trendy dish which is loved by kids and adults. Potatoes are considered as one of the most comforting foods and are liked by the major population in all versions, whether boiled, baked, fried or sauteed. It is one of the important staple diets and is available all over the year in all parts of the world. It is considered to be one of the main vegetable crops because of its easy availability.
Potato Balls are popular all over the globe due to the trendy recipes on Tik Tok and Instagram reels. The cheese inside the ball just melts in the mouth making it desirable.
• 4 medium sized boiled potatoes
• 1/2 Cup Sliced Capsicum
• 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
• 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
• 1 tsp crushed green chilli
• 1 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
• 2 tsp Oregano
• 2 tsp Chilli Flakes
• Salt as per required
• 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
• 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
• Oil for frying
For Slurry Dip:
• 6 Tbsp Refined Flour
• 6 Tbsp Corn Flour
• Water as per required consistency
Method Of Preparation:
• Take a big bowl, mash the boiled potatoes and put it in the bowl
• To the bowl, add sliced capsicum, onion, coriander leaves, green chilli and all the spices including salt
• Now add both mozzarella and cheddar cheese and mix well
• Give a mixture a round, ball shape
• Now coat the balls with breadcrumbs and dip it in the flour slurry
• Again coat the balls with breadcrumbs
• Once all the potato balls are done with coating, keep it in the freezer for 15 mins and then take it out and leave it for 5 minutes at room temperature
• Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the balls on high flame till golden brown
• Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
These cheesy balls are easy to make and can be served for breakfast, brunch or tea-time. These can even be packed for kids’ lunch boxes and can be served as the perfect starter to any cosy, warm house party. The mouth melting cheese is sufficient enough to create the magic and bring smiles on everyone's face.