This complete nutritional and ayurvedic platter is known for its flavours and varieties of dishes
The big festival of Kerala is here and we are all excited about the Sadya. The big dadday of feast is here. Sadya is surely more than a meal it’s an emotion. Plated on a banana leaf, with almost around 20-26 dishes, this meal is a holistic meal in all aspect. Onam is all about enjoying a delicious meal served on a banana leaf with your loved ones.
This complete nutritional and ayurvedic platter is known for its flavours and varieties of dishes, it also highlights the benefit of some traditional eating practices that have health benefits as well.
Chef Manpreet Malik, Executive Chef, Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park says , " Dakshin has always been a savour the feast of all the south indian festivities. Well, it's a tremendous joy to intend eco- friendly Onam sadhya which captures the spirit of kerala. We have curated 30 traditional vivid colors dishes which includes Pul-inji, Avial to Toran, Olan, Kalan to mouth - watering Ada pradhaman, pal payasam and Boli."
• 500 gm Toor dhal
• 200 gm green chilly
• 100 ml Coconut oil
• 5 gm Dry red chilly
• 10 gm curry leaves
• 01 tsp mustard seeds
• 100 gm garlic cloves
• 50 gm Ginger
• 200 gm Coconut
• 100 gm Ghee
• 50 gm Coriander powder
• 01 tsp Turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• Boil the Toor dhal till it gets mashed
• Grind the coconut with green chilli and turmeric along with cumin.
• In pan put the tempering of mustard seed, cumin, curry leaves and red chillies
• Add the dhal cook along with it gets mashed then add the Coconut paste.
• Cook it get soft finally add the Ghee and serve it.
• 200 ml fresh coconut milk
• 5 gm cardamom pow
• 50 gm Sugar
• 100 gm jaggery
• Ada sheet
• 5 gm cashews
• 10 ml Ghee
• 10 gm coconut dice
• Melt the jaggery like a liquid consistency
• Cook the coconut milk with cardamom to reduce the half quantity
Soak the ada rice sheet in hot water and cook till get cooked
• Cook the jaggery syrup and coconut milk till it gets soft
• Ad tempering with ghee and Cashew along with cardamom powder
• Served with fried cashew and Coconut