Colocasia Kebab To Lentil Soup: These Monsoon Recipes Are A Delight
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Do you know that vata-oriented foods are drying and best for the monsoon season?
The monsoon season is here, and we are enjoying the heavy rainfall and pleasant weather. But, do you know this weather requires extra attention and care towards the body? This is because the strength of the body decreases during this season. Therefore, Dr Jayachandran (Vana Dehradun) states that the inclusion of sour, salty and oily (unctuous) foods are best for this time. In addition, one must consume churned preparations that are high in water content. Accordingly, Chef Mohan Rawat at Vana Retreat Dehradun shares two easy recipes for this rainy weather.
Colocasia kebab, toasted sesame, coriander chutney
- Recipe Type: Appetizer
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1
For colocasia kebab
You May Also Like
Recipe: Almond Amaranth Kebabs are must-try delicacy on Holi 2021, benefits here
5 Delish Soups To Drive Away The Monsoon Chill
Haleem Ke Kebab: A Wholesome Love Affair Of Mutton And Lentils
Monsoon recipes: 5 delicious soups and beverages to have during rainy season
Try out these delicious traditional hot soup recipes this monsoon season
- 80 gm colocasia boiled and grated
- 10 gm roasted chana powder
- 4 gm ginger chopped
- 2 gm cumin powder
- 5 gm chopped coriander
- 2gm ajwain roasted
- 25 ml oil /ghee
- 1 medium boiled beetroot 4 no. sliced thinly (puree the balance)
- 5 gm kasundi mustard
- 10 gm sesame seeds toasted
- Salt to taste
- Microgreens and tomato pickle for garnish
For coriander chutney
- 40 gm coriander fresh washed roughly chopped
- 15 ml oil
- 10 gm onion sliced
- 5 gm chana dal
- 5 gm urad dal wash
- 2 gm cumin seeds
- 15 gm coconut sliced
- Salt to taste
- Add colocasia, roasted chana powder, chopped ginger, cumin powder, chopped coriander, salt, and roasted ajwain in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and shape into two equal-size patties. Coat with sesame on sides. Cook it on a hot plate or pan, turning it to brown and crisp and keeping it aside.
- Take the beetroot slices and marinate with mustard paste.
- Squeeze the puree on a serving plate like a teardrop.
- Arrange marinated beetroot slices, keep kebab in the centre top of it. Then, with a spoon, make a quenelle of coriander chutney on top of the kebab.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and microgreens, arrange pickle on either side of the plate. Serve hot immediately
- Bring water to boil, add coriander, cook for10 seconds, remove and refresh in ice water, and squeeze and drain excess water.
- Heat oil, add onion and dals, cook on low heat till golden brown, add cumin and cook for a minute more.
- Finally, add coconut followed by coriander leaves and remove the pan from heat. Transfer to a blender and blend to form a thick paste using as little water as possible. Check seasoning and reserve aside.
Lentil and bottle gourd soup
- Recipe Type-Soup
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 medium bottle gourd peeled and diced
- 3-4 tbsp moong lentil
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp carom seed
- 1medium onion sliced
- 1tsp gm ginger chopped
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- Half lemon juice
- Roasted cumin to garnish
- Whole spices to flavour( allspice, bay leaf, cardamom)
- Heat oil and add whole spices to a pan. Add cumin, carom seeds, onion, ginger, and sauté until onion is translucent, then add turmeric, salt and bottle gourd, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lentil, vegetable stock, and cook till bottle gourd is tender approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Blend it smoothly in a blender, strain and put back on flame to adjust seasoning and consistency.
- Switch off the flame, add lemon juice, and sprinkle roasted cumin to finish and serve hot.