Merging Kitchen With Dining Table Servings: How It Helps You Enjoy Food With Flamboyance?
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Today, let’s look at how the open kitchens and dining tables serve a cohesive living style.
It is indeed said that the kitchen is the heart of the home. With the changing needs of people and shrinking home sizes, kitchens' layout, structure, and design have been transformed dynamically. Kitchen spaces are being designed to occupy the central place of the house, earlier that existed as an isolated space purely for functional and utilitarian purposes. With the ongoing lockdown, slim kitchen bars are further also being utilised as work-from-home stations, allowing working people to cook while working along. An eat-in kitchen offers one the freedom to look after multiple things from one corner of the house. Likewise, whether a dining hall features a long table or a counter next to the kitchen, an eat-in kitchen is the new luxury in residential homes. Today, Shaily Ganatra (Founder and Principal Designer of The Auura Interior Design Studio based in Rajkot Gujarat) will tell us how merging kitchens and dining table servings help us enjoy our meals.
Dining Table Shape: Makes Food Services Accessible
The shape of a dining table is essential when it comes to home interiors since it gives the dining rooms a sense of structure.
- Circular tables fit perfectly in compact rooms and symmetrical dining areas. Moreover, a circular table is deemed accessible to seat several people. The dining table is designed so that the middle tray revolves around making food services accessible to everyone seated. While a circular dish tray fits well to the structure of a round table, ensuring each one gets access to the dish from their end, a rectangular serving plate can sometimes be more practical for the food being served.
- An L - shaped dining table is acceptable primarily in spaces that have an open room layout. Such dining tables are generally attached to a kitchen counter from one end and pivot to a right angle on the side, further shaping the spatial structure. In addition, it allows the room to feel more rustic and informal, letting the food be more accessible to everyone from the kitchen counter itself.
What Material To Use?
A marble top table offers the room a sophisticated aesthetic, adding a luxurious aura. Maintenance of marble tabletops is effortless as the stains can be conveniently removed. Thus, allowing the family to sit together and be able to enjoy their food with more flamboyance. There’s a sheen to marble that deems unparalleled with its simplicity and subtleness in design.
What Is An Ideal Kitchen Style?
- Open kitchens deem to coherently integrate the spatial layouts of the house, letting families come together while also forming an ideal backdrop to host guests.
- Furthermore, it offers the home a more spacious look, ensuring minimum space wastage. Follow a similar colour and texture scheme for the dining area and the open kitchen, so the transition between the two rooms seems harmonious. Additionally, an open kitchen lets everyone see what’s being cooked and presented on the table, thus helping build a healthy appetite later.
- A closed kitchen, on the other hand, proves to be perfect in providing privacy while cooking. In addition, it helps bestow a sense of structure to the kitchen, especially if more cabinets are required, and the space tends to get messy while cooking.
Enjoy Food With Colour, Smell And Taste
Dining tables add refined tastes to the space, especially when it’s in a similar colour scheme as the room. It is said that food is enjoyed more when one can enjoy its colours and smell and taste. The use of earthy shades further helps put a highlight on the food prepared as the varied colour shades of the presented come out better in a neutral background.
A dining area is generally the space in the house where everyone assembles while eating meals and shares their day with each other. A well-designed dining space is a catalyst that encourages good conversations and the ability to enjoy good food together.