International Sushi Day: Try Mango And Avocado Sushi Recipe By Chef Amit Patra
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Chef Amit Patra Shares Scrumptious Sushi recipe on International Sushi Day
Mango Cucumber Avocado Sushi Recipe: Did you know International Sushi Day is observed on June 18th? The traditional Japanese meal known as Sushi has gained a lot of popularity over the last few decades. Often considered to be simply raw fish, Sushi didn’t sound appetizing initially to all cultures, but the meal has evolved in the way its cooked and prepared. To trace sushi’s origin, one will have to go back to South East Asia. International Sushi Day celebrates this potentially delicious meal and seeks to raise awareness about truths and fictions. Enjoy the scrumptious and innovative Sushi recipe by Chef Amit Patra, Masterchef at Edo restaurant, ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru.
MANGO AND AVOCADO SUSHI RECIPE BY CHEF AMIT PATRA
For Sushi Rice
- Japanese Sticky Rice- ½ Cup
- Vinegar- 1/5 Cup
- Sugar- 1/5 Cup
- Salt- 1 Tsp
For Sushi Rolling
- Avocado- 1 Bowl Cut Length Wise
- Alphonso Mango- 1 Bowl Cut Length Wise
- Wasabi Paste- 1 Tsp
- Sushi Nori -1 No
- Gari- 1 Tsp
- Soy- 2 Tsp
- Black Sesame Seed- ½ Tsp
- White Sesame Seed- ½ Tsp
- Wash the sushi rice to remove excess starch from rice grains and boil them with water.
- Now, make the sushi vinegar by combining sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Stir the sushi vinegar, cooked rice and keep it capped with a moistened cloth.
For Sushi Rolling:
- On the sushi mat, place the sheet and spread a handful of rice on it.
- Sprinkle black and white sesame seeds on the rice.
- Flip the sheet so that the rice is facing the mat.
- Set the cut avocado and alphonso mango on the sheet.
- Roll the sushi into a square (four-sided) shape and cut it into eight pieces with a knife.
- Serve it with soy and wasabi.