Make This Crispy Cauliflower Florets For A Perfect Tea-Time Snack
- Ria Baidya
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Crispy cauliflower floret is a super simple and delicious recipe that would give your boring evenings a delish upgrade.
Evenings are all about munching on our favourite titbits. It feels right to reward ourselves with delicious crispy snacks after a long day of work. There is an array of snacks that we can choose from, but most of the time they are deep-fried and filled with calories. This limits our options, as we can only choose from a handful of munchies, if we are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. The recipe of fried cauliflower florets can become your go-to healthy snack whenever you are craving for something fulfilling yet guilt-free. This cauliflower recipe involves the process of 'stem to root' cooking and is laden with health benefitting properties. The use of cauliflower, as a low-carb food is a great substitute to potato or rice.
In this recipe of crispy cauliflower florets, we will be using only a fistful of ingredients, which means that you won’t be needing any complex cooking skills or an army of things to put together the snack. It is a super simple and delicious recipe that you would surely like to try. Here’s the recipe for fried cauliflower florets.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (chopped in medium-size)
- 2 cup hot water
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp rice flour
- 2 tsp curd
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Handful of curry leaves
- Salt as required
1. Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl of water soak the cauliflower florets with turmeric powder. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes then drain the excess water and dry it.
3. After that marinate the cauliflower floret with chilli powder, garam masala, salt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and curd. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, so that the florets can absorb the flavours.
4. Then add corn flour and rice flour into the mixture, and combine all of them together properly.
5. Drizzle some oil and place the marinate cauliflower florets in the air fryer basket in a single layer with a little space between each floret. Work in batches if required.
6. Air fry for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crisp.
That’s it, your crisply cauliflower floret is ready.