Mackerel Cutlets Are Sure To Give You Konkan Vibes
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Well, how many patties are you smashing today? We hope one of them is our Mackerel cutlets.
Mackerel is a fish found in tropical and temperate seas and offshore in the oceanic environment or the coastal region. Here’s an interesting fact, around 21 species in the family Scombridae are commonly called mackerel. Indian Mackerels, among many, are an essential fish dish eaten in South Indian parts of our country. The reason being that it’s commonly found there. Mackerel tastes best with a load of flavours and bodes well when served with fresh crunchy salads, grapes placed on top, or any other dressing. It’s believed to be a pleaser even for those who get a bit nervous to try an oiler fish. Well, we have something altogether unique you can make out of this fish. Mackerel cutlets famous in the Konkan region are sure to give you happy vibes in less than an hour.
- Mackerel fish
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 green chilli powder
- Coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Garam masala
- Freshly chopped onions
- 1 ginger
- Ginger garlic paste
- The first step is to clean the mackerel fish by cutting its head and fins.
- Boil the fish for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to remove all the fish bones.
- In a bowl, add ginger, garlic, green chilli powder and some coriander leaves and make a paste in the blender.
- After that, add freshly cut onions in a bowl with the boiled fish pieces and ginger garlic paste and a pinch of salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and some garam masala and make a good mixture.
- After that, make round patties and apply rawa on the top of the patties. Add some oil in a pan and fry the patties until it becomes golden.
- Mackerel cutlets are ready to enjoy.
These highly recommendable scrumptious cutlets can be the perfect snack on a rainy afternoon. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.