Lets’ Celebrate The Tricolour With Some Awesome Food
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Gather you friends and relish these R-day treats.
No celebration is complete without food. Come Republic Day and the internet gets flooded with tri-colour food pictures. With the variety that we see in Indian cuisine it’s very difficult what to choose and what to leave. Moreover, with all the innovations and fusion in food industry all dishes see a much new look. So it’s time to gather your friends and hop in to your favourite food hotspot as you indulge in these from across the city.
Mexican Avocado Rice Bowl by Paprika Gourmet
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 ½cups basmati rice
• 1 can tomato sauce
• 1 ½cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup corn kernels
• ½cup diced carrots
• ½ cup frozen peas
• ¼ teaspoon chili powder
• ¼ teaspoon cumin
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 tomatoes, diced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in rice until toasted, about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato sauce and vegetable broth, and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes. Stir in corn, carrots, peas, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
3. Cut Avocado into half – scoop 2 tbsp rice into the half avocado, garnish with cilantro
Spaghetti Three Way by For_Kandknife
1) Spaghetti tossed in homemade pesto sauce
2) Spaghetti Arrabbiata (red sauce)
3) Spaghetti in lemon garlic sauce
Topped with roasted cherry tomatoes
Arrabbiata Sauce- Ingredients:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked spaghetti or any other pasta of your choice.
• 2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
• 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup pine nuts, or walnuts
• 2 garlic cloves, (large)
• 1/4 cup lemon juice, (juice of 2 small lemons)
• 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Wash and dry the basil leaves.
2. Place basil into a food processor, add cheese, nuts, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
3. Season with more salt to taste if desired and add the spaghetti and toss.
Lemon Garlic Sauce - Ingredients:
* 1 lb pasta any variety
* 3 tbsp unsalted butter
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic minced
* 1 shallot minced
* 2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
* 2 tbsp cream cheese
* 1 lemon, zest and juice
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
* Red pepper flakes optional for heat
1. In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil, garlic, and shallot over medium heat, cook for about 2 minutes. Add about 1 cup of pasta water (from almost done pasta so you get the starchy water). Using a tongs or slotted spoon, transfer pasta into the butter sauce.
2. Stir in grated cheese, cream cheese, and juice and zest of 1 lemon. Stir until cheese is melted. Add additional pasta water as needed for moisture. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Ladle over the hot cooked spaghetti or any other pasta of your choice.
N.R.I Saag Paneer by Lmno_Q
• Spinach (Palak) 0.25 kgs
• Malai Paneer 0.18
• Amul Processed Cheese 0.05
• Onion 0.03
• Salt 0.01
• Black Pepper Whole 0.01
• Ginger 0.02
• Ghee 0.02
• Cumin Powder
• Garlic Peeled 0.03
1. 4 tabs butter
2. 2 tabs oil
3. 1 green chilli
4. 4p Kashmiri chilli
5. 2 tabs ginger/garlic paste
6. 2 bay leaves
7. 5 to 6 cloves
8. Pinch black pepper
9. 2 tabs cashew nut chopped
10. 1 tabs poppy seeds
11. 700g chopped tomato
12. 1 tsp garam masala powder
13. 1 tabs chilli powder
14. ½ tsp turmeric powder
15. 1 tabs kasturi methi
16. 2 tabs fresh cream
17. Salt to taste
1. In a large pan heat butter and oil.
2. Add green chilli, red chilli, cashew nut, ginger/garlic paste, whole spice, tomato, cook for 10 to 15 min.
3. After it cools, make a smooth paste by using grinder
4. In the same pan put little butter and pour the mixture and rest of all powder masala, add water as required and bring to a boil.
5. When its boil let simmer till oil separates, then add dry kasturi methi and cream
For paneer mixture
1. Sauté garlic and onion, put chopped spinach and sauté add salt as required, little cumin powder, after cooking keep aside.
2. Now assemble, take the sliced paneer, place on the plate, put some paneer mixture and cheese on paneer, do the same way for the second layer. And put the lasagna into the salamander bake till cheese melt on top
3. At last take serving plate put some hot gravy on it and place the lasagna on the gravy.