Treat Yourself With These Leftover Chapati Recipes
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Leftover Chapati or roti is typical in every Indian household. We always see leftover Rotis lying in the casserole and don’t know how to use them the next day.
Reusing stale rotis can be fun and an excellent way to not waste any single chapati or food. If we can use leftover shahi paneer, why not utilize 'baasi rotis' in a new transformed version. Here are some variations which blow your mind with these transformed chapatis:
Chinese Noodles Twist
You May Also Like
Recipe: Ankita Konwar's khichdi with leftover vegetables is a perfect weekend treat
Pair Your Cup Of 'Chai' With This Masala Roasted Cashews Recipe For A Memorable Treat
Treat Yourself With These Two Crunchy Peanut Butter Recipes
Manchurian To Omelette: 3 Recipes You Can Make With Leftover Noodles
Chapati Payasa: A Delish Innovation With Leftover Chapati
You can make easy healthy atta noodles, made up of only leftover chapatis. This would be an exciting recipe, and indeed your kids will love this.
- Leftover chapatis
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic cloves (fine chopped)
- Ginger (chopped)
- Green chilli (slit cut)
- Onion (fine chopped)
- Spring onion, carrots, cabbage, capsicum (chopped and sliced)
- 3 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- Salt per taste
- Take chapatis and roll it tightly, cut into a thin strip in the form of noodles.
- Separate the chapati strips and keep them aside.
- Now heat the pan, add vegetable oil once it hot
- Add chopped garlic, green chilli and ginger; now saute them for about half a minute.
- Then add onion, and further add veggies capsicum, carrot, and cabbage.
- Saute all till the veggies turn to shrink.
- Now add leftover chapatis stripes, mix once and,
- Add tomato sauce, vinegar, soya sauce, and salt.
- Combine and mix well.
- Once it is done, before transferring onto a plate, garnish them with the chopped spring onions and gently mix them.
- Finally, serve chapati noodles and enjoy!
- You can add your favourite or seasonal veggies to the noodles.
Here are crispy, yummy cutlets you can have as your perfect mid- snack.
- Leftover Rotis
- Half cup of thick poha (soaked and drained)
- masala/ salted peanuts (grind coarsely)
- ½ tablespoon chaat masala
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Red chilli powder (as taste)
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhaniya)
- Salt (as taste)
- Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon of gram flour (besan for binding)
- 2 -3 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Oil for fry
- Crush the leftover rotis in a blender and make a fine mixture.
- Add soaked poha and the spices as mentioned earlier.
- Gently mix them and form in a dough.
- Shape them into a cutlet.
- Once it is done, transfer the plate to a refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to set.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is heated, slowly deep fry the cutlet from both sides.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve this with mint coriander chutney.
Cheesy, soft, delicious, made up from scratch. This is the fusion of the Italian touch.
- Leftover chapatis
- 2 onions (medium size & sliced)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Capsicum (red, green, yellow & sliced/chopped)
- 2 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 cups of white sauce
- Salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. and slice the leftover chapatis into strips.
- In a separate non-stick pan, heat oil, add onions and capsicum on an interval basis.
- Add garlic, saute them for about 5-10 mins. Turns into a rose pink colour. Add salt, black pepper, and toss well.
- Add ½ cup of water if needed. Saute all the veggies and transfer them to a separate plate.
- Take a baking dish. Pour some white sauce at the base of the baking dish. Place leftover chapati strips.
- Slice boiled potatoes and layer them over the chapatis. Spread white sauce and add the veggies mixture. And place another round of chapatis, white sauce, and veggies over the first layer of chapatis and end with veggies.
- Once it is done, make a few slashes through layers with a sharp knife. In the end, sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the veggies on the top. Transfer it to the oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes and serve it hot.