Learn To Bake A Soft And Spongy Italian Ciabatta Bread At Home
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Making bread is just as delightful as eating one, so get ready for baking this Italian bread at home.
For most of us, there are hardly any mornings without having a loaf of bread during breakfast. As much as we love enjoying having bread, those into baking or cooking find it exciting but also a bit challenging to make one at home. Hold on because this Italian bread, Ciabatta, can be one of the simplest bread you will ever find to make and bake. Ciabatta, the Italian bread, first appeared in 1982 by a baker who lived in Palestine, Italy. Ciabatta, unlike many breads, uses a wetter dough and is made with strong flour. Some of the basic or the primary ingredients you need to use while making are flour, water, yeast, salt and olive oil. Ciabatta is flat, broad in size with an elongated shape, and has unique and tiny alveolar holes in between. Ciabatta is available in various varieties worldwide, but one thing you are sure to find is a soft, porous texture that is relatively light to touch.
So to create this Italian bread at home, read ahead to know everything about its making.
- 250g refined flour
- 200ml water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 10g activated yeast
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon chilli flakes
Steps in the making-
- Take a deep container and blend all the ingredients starting with refined flour, activated yeast, olive oil, water and a pinch of salt. Stir and mix well.
- Using this mixture, knead a firm yet smooth dough.
- Once ready, keep the dough aside for proofing for about 45 minutes.
- After the dough has risen, roll it, give your bread a desired shape, and let it proof for about 30 minutes.
- Now heat an oven, bake your bread at 200 degrees, and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- With this, your ciabatta bread will be ready!
We bet you will be indulged in the softness and aromatic deliciousness of this bread so bake it soon!