Kokum Juice Benefits And How to Make This Nutritious Summer Drink
- Juhi Kumari
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
From boosting immunity to helping in weight loss and preventing sunstroke, kokum juice is capable of doing more than you think. Let's find out how you can make this super drink at home.
Summer comes with a host of extremities that can leave your body warm and dehydrated. The scorching heat can cause several other health-related issues like heatstroke, digestive problems, headaches, etc. To be able to deal with these issues, you need to brace yourself up. And, to do that, you need to opt for juices that are rich in nutrients. One such summer drink is kokum juice. Often neglected, this sweet and sour beverage has medicinal properties. From boosting immunity to helping in weight loss and preventing sunstroke, kokum juice is capable of doing more than you think. Let's find out how you can make this super drink at home.
How to Make Kokum Juice?
- Take a non-stick pan and add 1/2 cup kokum.
- Add 3 cups of water and 1 cup sugar.
- Now, mix the ingredients well and let the mixture cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the kokum turns tender, switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Add some water to make the paste smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon cumin powder, 1 tablespoon black salt, and mix nicely.
- Take chilled water in a glass and add 3 tablespoons of kokum concentrate along with a few ice cubes. Stir well and have the drink.
Benefits of Kokum Juice
Kokum juice can enhance your look as it has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are considered good for the skin. Drinking kokum juice daily can make your skin softer and reduce your risk of developing breakouts.
If you are constantly feeling stressed or anxious, you should have kokum juice twice a day as it is packed with hydroxyl-citric acids that can keep you calm.
Diabetics can also get benefit from this magical drink. Kokum juice reduces the rate of oxidation and regulates your blood sugar level. If you are suffering from diabetes, you should avoid adding sugar to the drink.