Kitchen Tips: Tips To Make Halwai-Style Kaju Katli At Home This Diwali
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Kaju Katli is a quintessential Diwali dessert relished in most parts of India.
Diwali is around the corner and we know you are looking forward to getting your hands on an assortment of desserts. The festival of lights not only brings with it a lot of fun and happiness but a variety of foods to be relished. Not only relishing but the festival also involves treating the people visiting us with delicious desserts. As a dessert lover, I personally look forward to savouring the decadent desserts prepared especially during the festival. From Soanpapris to Mohanthaal, some of the most delicious Indian desserts are savoured fondly during Diwali. However, amongst these sweets, my favourite has always been Kaju Katli. The diamond-shaped melt-in-mouth sweet has a different charm to it altogether. Made with cashew powder, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee, Kaju Katli is widely eaten and distributed during Diwali. Although eating the sweet is all things fun and easy, preparing them is not everyone’s cup of tea. From the consistency to the finesse, Kaju Katli has a lot of technicalities to be kept in mind. Are you trying to make Kaju Katli at home this Diwali? Here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind.
1. Always blend your cashews through the pulse option of your blender or blend at equal intervals. Remember you want cashew powder, not cashew butter.
2. Melt the sugar along with water in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook the cashew and sugar mixture till the dough leaves the sides of the pan.
3. Make sure your cashew dough is soft and not sticky.
4. Always knead your cashew dough to ensure an even and smooth texture. Rolling the dough instantly will result in an unpleasant grainy texture.
5. For a Halwai-style Kaju Katli, always make a batch ahead of time and store it to allow the mixture to be set properly.
We hope that these tips will help you make Halwai-style Kaju Katli at home this Diwali. Want a detailed recipe? Here it is.