How Can You Keep Your Kitchen Hygienic In The Winter Season?
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 27, 2022 14:01 IST
Do you know that it's also essential to take care of kitchen hygiene in the winter, just like in summers?
The kitchen is a crucial part of every home, and hence along with cooking great dishes, its hygiene should also be taken care of. However, due to the humidity in the air in winters, a little carelessness in the kitchen's cleanliness can become a big problem. Therefore, just as we maintain the kitchen's hygiene in the summers, the same way, the kitchen needs cleanliness in the winter too. Often, simple carelessness to hygiene can cause the spread of bacteria and cross-contamination, leading to food poisoning. Therefore, if you also care about the hygiene of the kitchen, then definitely keep these things in mind. Therefore here are some good practices to follow for hygiene in kitchens.
- Clean the fridge: Do you clean the refrigerator just once over the top? Then sorry to say it is not cleaning. To maintain the hygiene of the kitchen, take out all the items in the refrigerator and clean each part thoroughly. Keeping stale food in the fridge often starts to smell enough to make you sick. Therefore, pay attention to cleansing the refrigerator regularly, even in winter.
- Use baking soda: It would be best to use baking soda once or twice a week to clean the kitchen. Along with this, pay attention to the cleanliness of the cutting board and gas stove. This will abstain from the mosquitoes, flies, ants, and cockroaches in the kitchen. For this, sprinkle baking soda at the desired places and clean it with water.
- Clean dustbin regularly: Usually, the kitchen is clean, but the space around the dustbin is filthy; therefore, always keep it clean. Unfortunately, it is also seen that many people possess dustbin in the kitchen and that too uncovered. However, do you know that keeping dustbins open is equivalent to feasting on disease?
- Clean the knives: Usually, we cut vegetables or fruits with a knife and reuse them without cleaning. In such a situation, insects start breading on the knife, causing the fear of spreading the disease. Therefore, if you clean anything with a knife after cutting it or before cutting it, clean it with liquid soap or detergent.
- Clean the slab: We often forget to clean the kitchen slab and use it without cleaning. Don't commit such mistakes like others, and don't forget to wash the slab before and after cooking even if there is a food stain on the slab; clean that immediately.
Tap to read more such pieces on Slurrp.com.