5 Simple Ways To Keep The Kitchen Clean While Cooking
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : February 15, 2022 10:02 IST
5 easy tips to prevent the kitchen from getting dirty while cooking.
My mother spends almost half her day in the kitchen. We all know it is tiring to cook for the entire family. But apart from this, my mom also spends a lot of time cleaning, as she doesn't leave her kitchen dirty. The following tips will help you work more effectively in the kitchen if you do the same.
- Put items back at the correct place: We often do not pay attention to this small step. During cooking, we need many types of spices and other ingredients. But after using that, we keep it on the kitchen countertop. This fills the kitchen space to a great extent making cooking very difficult. In such a situation, you should put the things back at the same place after use.
- Keep soapy water in a bottle: Some food inevitably falls and usually leaves as it is while cooking. But did you know that after they dry up, it’s even more challenging to clean them? So, keep soapy water in a spray bottle with you whenever you cook. For example, if food falls on the countertop, spray soapy water and wipe it out. This will clean the kitchen instantly.
- Use parchment paper: If you are cooking anything in the oven, it is good to use parchment paper. With this, you won't need a cooking spray. Plus, the food doesn't stick to the surface. So, you won't have to put in a lot of effort to clean the oven or pan afterwards. Remove the parchment paper, and you're done.
- Start with a clean kitchen: You must always start with a clean kitchen to keep it neat after cooking. For example, avoid dishes in the sink or dishwasher. In such a situation, when you finish your cooking, you'll see that your kitchen isn't too scattered. Also, clean some utensils that are used while cooking.
- Keep a bag handy: Usually, the peels are kept on the countertop, making the kitchen messy while peeling and cutting vegetables. The best method to avoid this problem is to keep a small bag near the sink while cooking. This way, you won't have to spend extra time cleaning the countertop afterwards.