Japanese Sushi: Cook The Signature Dish With This Easy Recipe
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Making sushi is no rocket science! Try this quick recipe that will ease down your efforts.
Known for its unusual yet extraordinary ingredients and unique flavours, a more significant Japanese cuisine is still unexplored. Have you heard about sushi? It is one of those Japanese dishes that has been extensively tried and tested. Prepared with veggies and mostly seafood and layered in a seaweed sheet, sushi has a full array of complex ingredients. And now, it is gradually known as one of the most famous Japanese delicacies. But what all you need to prepare for this at home? Gather some veggies and get along with them. A simple recipe, but we are also sure that it will be different from other delicacies that you might have tried. And what makes sushi unique? It's the fact that you can serve sushi with everything you want. From wasabi, soy sauce, tofu, to even broccoli and shrimps, you can add anything yummy and healthy you wish while preparing sushi. While you can always prepare sushi with salmon, tuna, etc., here is a vegetarian sushi recipe for you to begin with.
- 1 sliced carrot and cucumber (later cut it into thin strips)
- 1 avocado (later cut it into small pieces)
- 1-2 teaspoon of sugar and salt
- 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 cups white rice (cooked)
- 3 seaweed sheets
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar and rice in a bowl and mix the batter well.
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar to the veggie pieces.
- On a seaweed sheet, spread the rice mixture.
- On the top, layer the veggies neatly.
- From the edge, start rolling the seaweed gently to prepare a large roll.
- Ensure that rolls are not very thin while cutting them into shorter pieces
- Now let the sushi rest, and you can serve it later on with whatever sauce you like.