Jamun is a low calorific fruit with high fibre content. As a result, it improves digestion, increases the body's metabolism rate, assuages hunger, and fills your stomach. Jamun or Black Plum is popularly known by various names such as java plum, kala jamun, blackberry, jambul, black plum, jambus, etc., the botanical name of black Jamun is Syzygium Cumini. It is found in India, Indonesia, and Bangladesh. Jamun comes in the summer season, and it's linked with numerous health benefits. This black Jamun is a wonder fruit from relieving stomach aches to treating diabetes and protecting against cancer. In addition, it contains several curable medical properties too.
Health Benefits Of Jamun:
- Jamun has a special place in Ayurvedic medical treatment due to its overwhelming health benefits.
- Jamun is an excellent fruit to consume for diabetes patients. The Jamun contains two major unique compounds: Jamboline and Jambosine, which purifies, reduces the glucose amount from the blood, and increases insulin production.
- It helps improve the digestion process, and you can pack this fruit while travelling. It can protect you from consumption for nausea and vomiting.
- Jamuns are an excellent source of Vitamin C and phytochemicals, which increases the level of haemoglobin in the body. Jamun is beneficial to people who are suffering from jaundice or anaemia. The fruit restores blood level.
- Also, it is good to eat this fruit during periods when women face significant blood loss in their bodies.
- Jamun aids the skin from blemishes, pimples, wrinkles, and acne. It's rich in astringent properties. Jamun also controls dark spots, pigmentation, and dry skin.
- Jamun tree leaves have antibacterial properties, which are used to maintain dental health as well. The refined powder of Jamun leaves, and fruit can be applied to the gums and teeth to safeguard the oral condition like bleeding gums, toothache and whitens your teeth. Consider that the leaves and fruit are effective sources to cure throat or respiratory-related problems.
- Treating piles and haemorrhoids, Jamun fruit juice is very effective for health.
Jamun Juice Recipe:
Ingredients For Jamun Juice
- 1 cup of Jamun
- Sugar/ honey/ jaggery as per taste
- A pinch of black salt
- 2-4 ice cubes
Pieces of equipment required:
- Blender jar
- Wash and pat dry the jamuns.
- Deseeded and roughly cut them. Please put it in the blender jar.
- Add sugar, black salt and blend them all.
- Pour into the glass and serve chilled.
- You can also add lemon drops and mint leaves in the juice for a more yummy tangy flavour.
- Do not consume Jamun juice on an empty stomach.
- Don’t consume jamun juice with milk.
- Serve immediately.