It's Time For Some Mexican Margarita Fiesta
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : February 25, 2022 09:02 IST
Margarita, the quintessential Mexican cocktail sees a very distinct sweet, salty and bitter taste.
What happens when mixologist pick their favourite ingredients to create an exclusive Margarita experience. At AER, the mixologists have put on their creative hats and are going crazy over some exclusive Margaritas that they have created using their much-loved ingredients. Margaritas happen to be that quintessential Mexican cocktail! That topped with some fresh fruit juice. Sours like lime and tamarind goes best with Margaritas. The classic sees classic—tequila, lime juice and Cointreau served in a glass with a salted rim. This sweet salty cocktail is a no fussy drink. Tweak it your way to feel the hit.
At AER, these Margaritas are a result of much experimentation. These drinks are best complemented with some Mexican tapas, patatas bravas, tacos and taquitos. The AER Bar & Lounge at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, is one of that special rooftop place in the city that easy-breezy and a perfect place to chillax as you those special margaritas and catch up with your friends.
• 200 Ml extra virgin olive oil
• 1 Onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
• 6 – 8 each medium-sized potatoes
• 5 gm salt
• 10gm smoked paprika
• 100 gm mayonnaise
• 1 small tomato, large dice
• 30 gm Chipotle sauce
• 50gm coriander, chopped for garnish
• lemon wedges for garnish
• Preheat oven to 250*C.
• Heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add shallot and garlic. Sauté until tender.
• Carefully add potatoes to the pan and cook for 6 – 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer potatoes and oil to the hot (from the oven) baking sheet and season with salt and 1/2 tablespoon of smoked paprika. Toss the potatoes to coat and place them in the oven. Roast for another 6 – 8 minutes, or until crispy.
• Take smoked paprika (1/2 tablespoon), mayonnaise, tomato, and hot sauce blend with the garlic and shallot. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate aioli until ready to serve the potatoes.
• Once the potatoes are crispy and tender, remove them from the oven and place them on a plate or platter. Drizzle with aioli and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
• Serve with lemon wedges.