As the season of PSL begins, we present a great homemade version of the drink.
As the leaves on the trees change color and the weather becomes just a little cooler, we know fall is all around us. And with the fall season comes pumpkin spice and all the many things you can do with it. From cakes to lattes to oatmeal, there are so many possibilities to put this spice into use. While stores will charge you a hefty price on this, it really only takes a handful of ingredients to prepare. In this article, we’ll share the recipe to make your own spice and some recipes to use it in.
In a container, add a tablespoon of ground cinnamon, three-quarters of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg, three-quarters of a teaspoon of ground ginger, and a quarter teaspoon of ground cloves. Stir them with a wooden spoon and seal them tightly. And, now you have homemade pumpkin spice. Just add a teaspoon of this stuff to any dish to make it pumpkin spice flavor.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
A quick latte brew that you want to keep handy this fall.
2 cups of full-fat milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
1/2 cup of brewed coffee
1. To a saucepan on medium heat, add the milk and let it heat up.
2. Follow by adding a pumpkin puree and stir till it combines.
3. Bring to a bare boil and then reduce the heat.
4. Add the pumpkin spice and vanilla essence. Optionally, add a pinch of salt and combine everything.
5. To a cup, add half the coffee brew and heat in the microwave.
6. You can at this time froth the milk to give it the latte look.
7. On top of the coffee, pour over the frothed milk.
8. Garnish with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.