Indian barbecue chicken recipe: The tempting aroma and mouth-watering flavour of barbeque chicken are irresistible. We can all agree that grilling meat, especially chicken, is one of the most excellent cooking methods. A correctly done piece of scorching hot grilled chicken with smoky flavours make it an ideal canvas for experimenting with sauces. So here is the Indian Barbeque Chicken Recipe by Chef Pradeep Joshi, Head Chef at The Barbeque Company.
Ingredients For Indian Barbeque Chicken
- 4-to-6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/3 cup tamarind puree
- 1 cup ketchup
- Pinch of sugar
- Vegetable oil
Marinate to be blended/ground: -
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Brown sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Chilli flakes- 1 tsp
- Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Oregano- 1 tsp
- In a blender/grinder, combine all of the marination ingredients.
- To make a marinade, combine all ingredients in a blender and pour over the chicken fillets.
- Mix properly and leave aside for 30 minutes.
Process For Indian Barbeque Chicken:
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a grill pan and heat it. It should be equally divided on the container.
- When the pan is heated, place the chicken fillets one beside the other. Pour the remaining marinade oil over the chicken.
- Grill for about 3- 4 minutes on high heat.
- Flip them over, and on the other side, cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides before flipping the chicken pieces.
- Continue to baste with the oil in the pan.
- Cook till grill marks are appeared.
Your Indian style barbecue chicken is ready. Serve and enjoy with family and friends.