In summers, it is essential to refrigerate your food so that it is safe to eat and bacteria-free. Therefore, storing food at the right temperature is very important. Do you know that food storage is one of the most critical factors affecting food intake? Here we are sharing 10 tips for easy refrigeration to keep your food safe for a long time.
How to refrigerate food?
- When food is not stored ideally, harmful bacteria start growing in it, making you sick. Beware of plastic storage bags, as they can burst and lead to the growth/spread of bacteria. The packaging should be able to withstand temperatures without breaking or cracking. Do you know using improper storage for your food reduces the quality of the product?
- Foods like fish and meat should ideally be stored in the freezer below or at 18°C but in the fridge below or at 5°C. These items should be undercooked and covered before storing them in the refrigerator. Freezer temperature should be maintained at -18°C.
- Packaging of your refrigerated and frozen food also plays an important role. For example, storing it in a tin may cause a metallic taste in your food. That's why change it to another container before storing them in the fridge.
- Freshly cut and juiced fruits should be eaten immediately or should be stored for a short time.
- Cooked food should be kept on the top shelf, and raw food on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator.
- It is good to label food packages with the date and use stickers to keep track of the food prepared.
- Raw, processed or packaged food needs to be stored according to the type and requirement.
- To ensure adequate cooling, the food should be divided into small volumes in the refrigerator.
- Pre-cooked food like tikkis, french fries, etc., needs to be kept in the freezer.
- Never keep hot cooked food in the fridge; put it only after it has slightly cooled.
So what's the delay? Store your food in the fridge with the help of the above tips.