How To Preserve Lemon Juice Naturally At Home
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : June 25, 2022 03:06 IST
Can lemon juice be stored for a long time?
Lemons can be used in many ways. But have you ever noticed that the juice could be only extracted if the lemon is fresh and cannot be released when it's dried? However, you can extract lemon juice and store it if you want and use it efficiently whenever needed later. Let us tell you that lemon has many benefits. Apart from enhancing food taste, it is also very beneficial for health. Having lemon juice, which is rich in Vitamin C, in the morning helps to reduce weight. Therefore, lemon is also a significant ingredient in the daily diet. You're mistaken if you think that storing lemon juice spoils its taste. Today we will tell you some tricks of preserving it.
If you want to store lemon juice for months, this method can be very effective.
- If you have about two cups of lemon, mix 1/4 teaspoon salt in it.
- You can decrease or increase the amount of salt depending on the amount of lemon juice.
- Salt is being added to lemon juice because it does not taste bitter.
- Now fill it in a glass bottle and store it in the fridge.
Whenever needed, take out lemon juice with the help of a spoon and serve.
- After extracting the lemon juice, sieve it in a bowl, put it in an ice cube tray and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Then, take out the ice cubes and put them in a zipped plastic bag when it freezes.
- Close the packet and store it in the fridge. Then, you can take out an ice cube and use it whenever needed.
For example, if you drink lemon water in the morning, take out an ice cube, put it in a glass and drink it. You can also serve it if you make juice at home.
- First, take out the lemon juice and keep it in a bowl. Then, if you want, you can use a juicer to extract the juice.
- Now strain the liquid in a bowl to easily remove its seeds.
- Fill it in a glass jar, taking care not to fill it up to the neck as it might fall out. Now, keep it in the fridge.
This method is easy, but this juice can be used efficiently only for a week or two.