How To Make Chicken Ghee Roast Masala
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
This amazing delight from Karnataka is heavenly that requires easily available ingredients. Here's how you can make it.
Chicken ghee roast masala is a pure delight from Karnataka. Butter chicken and all is good but treat yourself with some ghee and aromatic spices that too with chicken, sounds delicious, right? Chicken ghee roast masala has a perfect blend of spices that will be hard to resist. The incorporation of ghee sends its richness to another dimension. Originated in a small town called Kundapur, chicken ghee roast masala belongs to Mangalorean cuisine, and you should definitely give it a try.
Steps for making ghee roast chicken masala are as follows:
You May Also Like
Roasted Masala Chickpea A Guilt-Free Snack That You Must Try
Ye Dil Bole Murgh: Here’s How You Can Make Amritsari Chicken Masala At Home
When The Innovation Of Ghee Roast Changed The Face Of Mangalorean Cuisine
Recipe: This Scottish Roast Chicken will make you feel Christmas arrived early
How To Make Chicken Curry? Tips To Make The Famous Ghee Roast At Home
1. Marinate the chicken with salt and water solution.
2. Roast 3 tsp coriander seeds , 2 tsp of jeera/ cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 methi /fenugreek seeds, and 2 tsp peppercorns together on medium flame until you can smell the aroma of spices. Do not over roast.
3. Soak Byadgi chilli in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
4. Now, put the spices and soaked chilly into a mixer grinder and add 1 whole tamarind and 12 garlic cloves. Blend this mixture till it becomes a fine and smooth paste, you can add additional water to reach the desired consistency.
5. Add ghee to kadhai. Roast chicken. Fry it till it's 3/4 cooked.
6. Add some ghee to the kadhai and add the roasted spice mix to it. Cook it slowly. Add chicken to the spice paste and mix well. Based on your preference you can adjust the spice to chicken ratio.
7. When it is almost cooked, add some fresh curry leaves, 1/4 tsp jaggery powder, and
8. Add cashews or freshly chopped coriander in the end and mix well. You can serve the dish in a shallow hot iron pot or a bowl or you can serve it in an authentic way on a banana leaf and relish.