5 Ways To Keep Food And Beverages Fresh Without A Refrigerator
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : February 21, 2022 10:02 IST
You can easily keep food items safe even without a fridge. Read this article to know more.
In summer, the fridge becomes an integral part of every home. You can easily store food in the refrigerator for a few days, but sometimes, it stops working due to power issues and other faults. In such a situation, food items start spoiling within a few hours due to bacterial growth. Hence, it becomes difficult to keep food and beverage safely without a fridge. If something similar happens to you, there is no need to panic. With the help of some measures, you can easily keep food items safe and that too naturally. So, let’s know about these remedies.
- How to store curd? Yoghurt spoils very quickly as compared to other food items. After a day or two, bacteria also start growing in it. You can use two tricks to keep the curd safe. First, you can store it in cold water. Second, you can also keep curd safe by using honey. For this, add one or two spoons of honey to the curd and mix it well.
- How to keep eggs safe? Eggs also spoil very quickly in the summer season; boiled eggs start rotting after one or two hours. Hence, you can immerse them in water and consume them within one to two days to keep them safe. If there is no fridge, you can cover them with paper and store it in any cool place in the house.
- How to keep butter and jam safe? Readymade or homemade butter and jam spoil quickly if not kept in the refrigerator. But, now it won't. So, instead, you can use cold water to keep them safe. For this, put water in a vessel and place the bottle of butter and jam in it.
- How to store fish and chicken? You often buy chicken and fish but do not consume them the same day. You can use salt and turmeric to prevent spoilage in such a situation. Just add some salt and turmeric to chicken, fish; mix it well and keep it in a cool place.
- How to store milk? Along with curd, milk also spoils very quickly. Hence, you need to boil it first or keep raw milk in cold water to store it without a fridge. Second, you can also avoid spoilage by adding one to two spoons of honey to it.
You can easily preserve these foods and beverages for a few days with the above tips.