Maha Saptami 2021: Surprise Your Fellows With This Homemade Coconut Gel, Coffee Ice Cream
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
This festive season, treat your taste buds with this homemade ice cream recipe.
Maha Saptami 2021: It is the 7th day of the Durga Puja, celebrated with exceptional enthusiasm in Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Sikkim, and Tripura in India. The festivities of the Durga Puja begins today, i.e. on Maha Saptami, because it marks the beginning of the legendary battle between Mahishasura and Goddess Durga. Therefore, this festival celebrates the symbolic victory of good over evil. Talking about Durga Puja, it's incomplete without delicious desserts. So here is former Sous Chef of CUT by Wolfgang Puck, Siddharth Dogra, sufficiently explaining his whimsical flair with this homemade coconut gel and coffee ice cream recipe. The rich-nutty chocolate, coconut gel and coffee-tinged ice cream make this friendly dish more challenging than your regular chocolate mousse, but the complete dessert is genuinely surprising.
Coconut gel and coffee ice cream recipe
- Type: Dessert
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 12
For coconut gel
You May Also Like
Cool Off This Summer With This Homemade, Vegan Coconut Ice-Cream
Mexican, Italian And Spanish Food: Surprise Your Fellows With 3 Snack Recipes
From Gelato To Sorbet: Different Types Of Ice Cream You Should Know About
Give Your Coconut Ice Cream A Desi Upgrade With This Recipe
Ice Cream Day 2022: 4 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes You Must Try
- 500g of coconut purée
- 200g of coconut milk
- 100g of double cream
- 40g of caster sugar
- 10g of agar-agar
- 30 gm coffee powder
For ice cream
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- 3 egg yolks
- 20g of brown sugar
- 10g of cornflour
- 150ml of whipping cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
For Chocolate crumble
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 100g of caster sugar
- 100g of ground almonds
- 100g of whole wheat flour
- 30g of cocoa powder, 100%
For the coconut gel
- Put all the elements into a pan. Bring to the boil, whisking continuously.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then transfer to a blender and blitz. Pass by a chinois and set aside in the fridge until cold and set hard.
- Return to the blender and blitz until smooth. Keep in a squeezy bottle.
For ice cream
- To make the ice cream, add coconut milk and lemongrass to a saucepan. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to infuse and cool slightly.
- Whisk together the cornflour, brown sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Over the egg mix, sieve the coconut milk batter and whisk well.
- Put the mix back in the pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Leave to cool, then flutter in the lemon zest and whipping cream. Are you using an old ice cream maker to beat the batter? Then until required, refrigerate it straight away.