Get Rid Of Monsoon Diseases With These Home Remedies
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Dengue and eye infections are expected during the monsoon season. Although its treatment is possible in allopathy, you can also try some home remedies to avoid them. Here are some home remedies for monsoon diseases.
Monsoon brings respite from the heat, but it also comes with the risk of several diseases. At this time, viral infection and diseases like malaria, dengue, chikungunya are at their peak. While you can prevent these diseases with medicines available at your home, home remedies also prove to be very effective on monsoon diseases. Let us give you information about monsoon diseases and some home remedies related to them.
Monsoon diseases and home remedies
The Aedes mosquito spreads dengue fever. Unfortunately, no vaccine prevents dengue, but the following home remedies can easily avoid the risk of infection to a great extent.
- Orange juice aids in digestion and improves the antibodies giving agility to a tired body.
- Papaya juice increases the number of blood platelets and is helpful in dengue.
Conjunctivitis is commonly known to be caused by a viral infection and, in some cases, due to bacterial infection. It causes the eyes to become red and inflamed. Following are the trusted home remedies for conjunctivitis.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the watery eyes. Do not use eye makeup and contact lenses.
- Don't rub your eyes. Instead, keep cleaning your hands several times a day with soap and water.
The viral infection spreads in the monsoon and can cause extreme fatigue, joint, muscle pain, runny nose, red eyes, swollen tonsils. Following are the home remedies for viral infection:
- Eat fruits, especially those high in Vitamin C, as it strengthens our immune system and flushes out toxins from our body.
- Antibiotic drugs can also be used to avoid it.
- Gargling with lukewarm salt water and soaking feet in hot water provides relief.
- Consuming juice of basil, ginger, and honey is beneficial. Drinking a pinch of black pepper mixed with tea also provides relief.
- Consume soup and eat bland food. Also, boil neem leaves in water and bath with it.
By trying the above measures, you can keep yourself safe from diseases caused in the rainy season. However, if you do not see any benefit, then contact the doctor immediately without delay. Remember that you can try all these remedies along with prescribed drugs.