Are you weight-conscious? This tofu paratha promises guilt-free indulgence
- Aayushi Gupta
Updated : May 26, 2021 12:05 IST
If you love parathas but don't want to put on weight, there’s nothing better than these tofu parathas. They are high in protein and low in calories, which makes them a perfect choice for weight loss.
Parathas are one of India’s most-loved foods, and for good reason. The joy of digging into sumptuous stuffed paratha with a dollop of white butter is unparalleled. Although everyone loves it, those who are weight-conscious try to stay away from it as much as possible. But you can now relish parathas without any guilt—yes, you heard it right.
To make your parathas weight loss-friendly, make sure to stuff it with fibre and protein compounds. So, instead of aloo or paneer, go for tofu, because it is both nutritious and tasty.
Here’s how tofu paratha can help you manage weight:
If you want to lose weight, tofu parathas will not get in the way of your goals. Tofu, or bean curd is a popular ingredient in a vegan diet. It is made from soy milk, which is beneficial for weight loss. The most significant advantage of soymilk is that it is low in calories and sugar content. Besides, tofu contains several vitamins and minerals, and serves as a good source of protein. What’s more, it contains all nine amino acids. All in all, tofu is a great option to manage your weight.
Here’s how you can make this healthy and delicious tofu paratha:
1. In a mixing bowl, grate 100 grams tofu and keep it aside.
2. Take another bowl and add two cups of wheat flour and a teaspoon of oil.
3. Gradually, add water to make it into a stiff and firm dough.
4. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Now, chop one onion, green chili, and some fresh coriander leaves. Add all these veggies to grated tofu, and mix them well.
6. Add some salt, according to your taste and a pinch of amchur.
7. Make balls from the dough, flatten them out, and stuff them into the tofu-veggie mixture. Roll into a boll again.
8. Flatten the ball and dust it with flour, and roll it out to make parathas. Similarly, repeat the process with other balls.
9. Gently put the paratha on a heated pan on medium flame. After a minute, flip the paratha.
10. Add some oil or ghee to give it a nice crunch. The paratha is ready, when it looks golden on both sides.
Remove the paratha and serve it.
Here are some other health benefits of tofu:
- Tofu may lower your bad cholesterol, which means it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It can also decrease the risk of high blood pressure.
- It aids in controlling blood sugar levels in those who are suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Tofu is rich in protein, nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants, thereby helping to improve the functioning of the immune system.
- It can enhance your skin health by slowing down the ageing process.
- Because tofu is packed with calcium and has a good amount of magnesium, it is good to strengthen the bones.
So ladies, no more avoiding parathas to manage your weight. All you really need is tofu!