Healthy Eating With Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Team Slurrp
Updated : July 06, 2022 17:07 IST
Did someone ask, “And taste?” No compromise on taste, we bet!
Pumpkin seeds, we say and a frown crosses the listener's face. But here we bring to you 4 recipes made of pumpkin seeds and honey which are both tasty and healthy. These quick and easy-to-make recipes are sure to satisfy the taste buds without compromising on health. In fact, pumpkin seeds are a go-to for the health-conscious.
Benefits of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are rich in Vitamin K and contain the mineral manganese. Both of these are helpful in healing wounds. Pumpkin seeds also contain Zinc, which helps in strengthening the immune system. They are also an excellent source of Phosphorus. These are some of the vitamins and minerals which are rare and are not easily found in the daily fruits and vegetables that we take.
• 1 cup pepitas
• 1 tbsp raw honey
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• Coconut sugar
• We will preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, we take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
• Now I have to prepare the different flavours of our dish, the Pumpkin Seeds. First of all, take 4 separate bowls.
For chilli lime flavour:
• Take 1 cup of Pepitas in a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to it.
• Next add ½ teaspoon chilli powder, along with ½ teaspoon sea salt.
• Next goes in ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
• Squeeze in around 2 tablespoons of lime juice. We can also add the juice of half a lemon directly. Now mix it well using a spoon.
• Spread this mixture on the baking sheet that we had prepared
For cinnamon sugar flavour:
• In another bowl take 1 cup of pepitas. Add ½ tablespoon vanilla extract.
• Next goes in 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
• Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the mix. Once again mix all these together and put them on the baking tray/sheet.
• Spread it out gently to form a straight line.
For zesty pizza flavour:
• Take a bowl and add 1 cup of pepitas. Next, add 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.
• Next goes in 1 teaspoon of Oregano. Add ½ teaspoon of sea salt and ¼ cup of garlic powder.
• Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it. Mix it well and spread it out on the baking tray.
For honey roasted flavour:
• Once again take 1 cup of pepitas. Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
• Next goes in ¼ teaspoon of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
• Mix the ingredients well and transfer them to the baking tray and spread it out evenly.
• We will bake all these four flavours for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven. We will stir it once after 15 minutes.
• After 20 minutes, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
• Our roasted pumpkin seeds are ready to eat.