Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Time To Relish On American Oats Porridge
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Got bored by eating the same Indian oily breakfast? Try this healthy American breakfast for a fresh start to the day!
On this National Porridge day, pledge to be healthy by adding this warm recipe to your breakfast menu. It's a traditional breakfast dish in America, cooked in oats with milk and fruits. Porridge made up of oats is sometimes called oatmeal. A bowl of porridge is an excellent way to start your day healthily. It's full of nutrients, protein, vitamins, calcium, carbohydrates, and magnesium which energize you throughout the day. The bowl of porridge consists of cinnamon, maple syrup and topped with caramelized banana. Here is the recipe for almond maple porridge.
Ingredients You Need:
- ½ cup whole grain oats
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (you can use regular milk also)
- 5 tsp maple syrup (you can use honey also)
- Pinch sea salt (regular white salt)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (butter, if you’re using butter, then avoid salt)
- 2 tsp brown sugar (coconut sugar)
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup almonds (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon almond butter (you can use peanut butter also)
Instructions You Need To Follow:
- Take a saucepan, add whole wheat oats. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes till they create a nutty aroma.
- After this, add almond milk, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Keep stirring and bring to boil, reduce the flame and let the material simmer. Cook the oats properly. It takes 15-20 minutes. Check the consistency according to your desire. Splash more milk if needed.
- Meanwhile, on the other side, add oil/butter to a skillet. Once it is heated, add brown/coconut sugar and cinnamon, stir a while, then add cut banana on the skillet. Cook for 30- 1 minute, or until it turns golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked bananas to a plate now; in the same pan, add chopped almonds. Toast it a little for around 5-6 minutes.
- Take a bowl, layer cooked oats in the bottom, drizzle some almond butter/ peanut butter, again pour all the oats and top with fried bananas, toasted almonds, and pour some maple syrup or honey according to your taste.
Enjoy this super healthy bowl of American porridge.