Here Are 3 Health Benefits Of Consuming Multigrain Cereal
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Multigrain products have become more desirable as it comes with several benefits.
In the past few months, we have been forced to stay at home due to COVID-19. Fear and uncertainty amid the pandemic are unprecedented. Living within the four walls of our house during these difficult times can take a toll on our mental and physical health. In addition, facing the new normal of working from home, children's home-schooling has kept us all very busy. So what we eat and drink has become more critical than ever. But one thing that didn’t change is our mid-meal cravings that can be very notorious, accompanied by guilt. As a result, 2020 saw a significant increase in consumption of in-home food items, leading to elevated demand.
Mr Asheesh Kumar Sharma, Vice President, Marketing, Agro Tech Foods Limited, states that "in 2021, similar trends have been identified, but people are hoping to get back to work with active vaccination drives in the country, where the consumption out of home is also expected to rise. Taking a cue from the rising consumer demands, brands have come up with multigrain cereals that are healthy and tasty and convenient to consume. They aim to ensure that taste and convenience is not compromised and customers can consume them both in-home and out-of-home. In India, the preference for multigrain products has witnessed a considerable rise."
You May Also Like
It is no surprise that multigrain products have become more desirable as it comes with several benefits such as the following:
- Support healthy digestion and improve metabolism: A fibre-rich diet helps keep you energetic and happier, encouraging an active lifestyle. This process happens as the fibre helps the body to vacate bowels more effectively, preventing constipation and maintaining bowel health. Consumption of foods rich in dietary fibre also helps relieve the body of indigestion and several problems caused by it.
- High nutritional content than regular cereals: Multigrain cereals are a rich source of protein, which is an essential macronutrient for our well-being.
- Overall health benefit: The dietary fibre from multigrain is a part of an overall healthy diet as they help improve blood cholesterol levels.
The health benefits attached to multigrain products are all the more reasons for consuming multigrain cereals. The top 3 reasons by Mr Asheesh Kumar Sharma are:
- Various consumption opportunities: Cereal snacks are convenient to consume. It is a quick, no-cook meal that can hold off hunger for hours. Going with cereal means you can prepare and eat breakfast in 10 to 15 minutes or consume these healthy yet delicious cereals during mid-meals.
- Great tasting, good nutrition: Given our lifestyle today, it is important to find options that satisfy taste buds without making you feel guilty.
- Weight management: Multigrain cereal can help weight management because fibre produces a feeling of fullness, discouraging overeating, which helps reduce intake of junk food.