Have you tried these simple Indian salads?
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : February 03, 2022 13:02 IST
There is no better time to whip up a fresh and healthy bowl of Salad, than winters
Salads make for an important part of the meal and even at times a standalone meal in itself. Tossing up one in this winter is a real delight. With the fresh veggies in market, making a salad comes super handy. This dish that sees fresh and natural ingredients mixed and tossed and served typically served at room temperature or chilled is great as a health booster. Everyone one knows that the nutritional value of salad greens is directly proportional to the ingredients that goes into the salad. The more veggie is added the higher it is in nutrients and vitamins. There is no better time to whip up a fresh and healthy bowl of Salad, than in the winters, when the markets are filled with colors and offer a wide variety of fresh produce.
• 1/2 medium red onion
• 2 cups tomatoes
• 1 large cucumber
• 1 large carrot
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• Peel and finely dice the red onion, cucumber, tomato, carrot and cilantro.
• Put everything in a bowl
• Add all the dry ingredients mix them well
• Toss it with lemon juice and garnish with cilantro
This salad made from moong dal sprouts is rich in fibre and protein content. It’s absolutely great for or those who are looking to lose weight. A perfect bowl to avoid unnecessary munching this salad is excellent in summer. This salad as both f taste and health factor.
• 1 Cup Chana soaked
• ½ Cup finely chopped onion
• ½ Cup finely chopped tomato
• ½ Cup finely chopped cucumber
• ¼ Cup pomegranate
• 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts
• Salt to taste
• ½ teaspoon red chili powder
• ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
• In a bowl of hot water add the chana and cover the bowl with a lid. Let the sprouts sit in hot water 5 minutes.
• Once done let it cool
• Then add all the chopped vegetables in the bowl
• Then add the pomegranate, roasted peanuts, fresh coriander and toss it.
• Squeeze some lemon and serve it after giving a good toss.
South Indian Kosambari
This easy south Indian salad sees the use of moong lentils and Bengal gram (chana dal). Loaded with vegetables like carrots, tomatoes and more, the tampering of mustard seeds and curry leaves does the magic
• ¼ cup moong dal
• enough water for soaking moong dal
• 1.5 cups finely chopped cucumber
• 3 tablespoons grated coconut
• 1 green chili, chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
• Lemon juice
• 2 tbsp oil
• Mustard seeds
• Curry leaves
• 1 pinch hing
• Rinse and soak the lentils for atleast 3-4 hrs
• Take it out and add the chopped cucumber, grated coconut, coriander leaves and 1 green chili
• Add some salt and pepper powder and mix all well
• Heat the oil and add the all tampering ingredient
• Once tampred for 3- 4 mins add it to the salad
• Give it a nice mix and serve it.