Have Fun Trying These Innovative Dishes This Valentine's Day
- Risha Ganguly
Updated : February 11, 2023 07:02 IST
There is fun in experimenting with food every once in a while, isn't it? So, if you are looking to cook something special this 14th February, then we have two amazingly original recipes for you. Both the recipes that we are going to share are made with sea food, one with crab and the other with fish
Valentine's day is all about love. While the one thing we crave for during this time is good company, but good food is also equally important to make the day more special and joyous. Of course, there is the regular pasta and cocktails and chocolate cake that you can try, but there is fun in experimenting with food every once in a while, isn't it? So, if you are looking to cook something special this 14th February, then we have two amazingly original recipes for you.
Both the recipes that we are going to share are made with sea food, one with crab and the other with fish. This makes your Valentine's dinner healthy and delicious. So, try these recipes by Chef Aji, Culinary Development and Innovation, Fresh To Home and enjoy your dinner to the fullest.
You May Also Like
Egg Manchurian Recipe: An Innovative Fusion Of This Chinese Dish
Chocolate Day 2022: Try These Unique Chocolate Recipes To Impress Your Valentine
Valentine’s Week: This Propose Day, Surprise Your Loved One With These 3 Breakfast Recipes
In A Hurry? These Valentine’s Day Special Dishes Can Be Made In A Jiffy
Celebrate Galentine’s Day This Valentine
GRILLED TILAPIA WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE & SAUTEED VEGGIES
Tilapia is the one of the most prolific farmed fishes that’s appreciated around the world for its mild flavor, soft meat, and flaky texture. It's quite a versatile fish that lends itself beautifully to a wide variety of recipes, be it grilling, pan frying or making that soulful curry.
On this Valentine’s Day, we have chosen Tilapia as our go to fish to share this easy breezy recipe with you all. We have marinated the fish fillet with a mild spice mix of mustard, paprika, garlic and olive oil. Well, we have cut my fillets into hearts to add that touch of Valentine’s. If you need to impress someone, then bring that scissor out and a whole lot of concentration!
We have pan-fried the fish and have served them with a lemon butter sauce, accompanied with buttered veggies and slices of garlic toast.
250 gms Tilapia fillet
- 3 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- ½ tsp Garlic chop
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt: To taste
For Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 25 gms Butter
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Parsley chop
- Salt: To taste
For Pan Frying:
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Flour
- Mix mustard, paprika, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt, and apply on both sides of the fish. Keep in the refrigerator for 15- 20 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and apply some Olive oil.
- Spread the flour on a plate and place the marinated fillet on the flour and press lightly to evenly coat both sides of the fish.
- Place this flour coated fish on the hot pan and grill to a golden brown.
- To make the sauce, soften the butter and add the lemon juice, salt and parsley and mix well. Keep this aside.
- Blanch the veggies and sauté them in butter with some salt and pepper powder.
- Place the pan grilled fish on a plate, arrange the veggies on the side. You could include a toasted garlic bread to go along with the fish.
- The soft lemon butter sauce can be applied on the fish after plating which will melt onto the fish.
This Crab Salad is a delicious and refreshing dish made with succulent crab meat, crisp vegetables, and a sesame seed dressing.
A light yet indulgent dish paired with a glass of sparkling wine is set to make your Valentine’s day memorable. Well, they say food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate, so here we go!
- 200gms Cooked crab meat / pasteurized crab meat
- 30 gms Red pepper julienne
- 30 gms Green pepper julienne
- 30 gms Spring onion
- 10 gms Celery strips
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 20 gms Carrot thin strips
- 5 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- .5 tsp Ginger chop
- .5 tsp Garlic chop
- 5 tsp Sesame seed (white)
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and refrigerate for a while.
- Pull apart the cooked crab meat into thin threads and mix with the vegetables and refrigerate to chill it down.
- Take this out of the fridge, toss the crab and vegetables with the dressing, and serve in a chilled bowl topped with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
We hope you enjoy making this grilled Tilapia and the Crab salad and share it with your loved ones!