Want to make a healthy Indian breakfast? Try this oats idli recipe.
Be it a lazy weekend brunch or a quick weekday breakfast, Indian breakfasts hit different any day of the week. From the North Indian Chhole Bhature to South Indian Idli and Upma, India has something or the other for everyone. Along with being filling and wholesome, Indian breakfasts are delicious too. However, there’s a common notion amongst youngsters that Indian breakfasts can’t be healthy. Being comparatively high in calories and consisting of fattening ingredients, Indian breakfasts are sacrificed for Western breakfast options a lot of times. But have you ever thought of giving a Western twist to your basic Indian breakfast dishes? You can try doing this with the most basic dishes and replace the Indian ingredients with some of the healthier ingredients. Here is the Oats Idli recipe that you can try for breakfast any day of the week.
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Cooking time- 15 minutes
1. Add the oats to a grinder to make a fine powder.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add all the ingredients listed for tempering except the cashew nuts.
3. Let the seeds splutter and add the rava and oats.
4. Fry the mixture till it turns aromatic.
5. Remove the mixture from heat and allow it cool completely.
6. Once cool, transfer the mixture to a bowl and add curd and water to bring it to a batter consistency.
7. Next, carrots, beans and lemon juice and give it a good mix.
8. Finally, add salt and Eno and pour the batter in batches into an Idli maker.
9. Steam the idlis till a skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove them from heat and serve.
Serve these idlis with any chutney of your choice and have a wholesome and delicious breakfast.